Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Nancy (119125273) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 pm

I'd love to see a Bohemian chic theme. Wasn't able to get the couch or chairs myself but saw them at a friend's house and would love to see more. Also, I really liked the wizard theme and would like to see that expanded. Like maybe a wizard shops with a connecting avenue or a soccer type field for Quidditch type games. A magical forest for beasts would also be great.
User avatar

Nancy (119125273)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 145
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:37 am

Would anyone like to see a prison theme in YoWorld? I think it could be quite a fun and interesting theme :haha:

yes, this is inspired by the fact i’ve been bingewatching orange is the new black season 6 since 8am

ETA:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:The house could be massive with all of the different dorms, rec rooms, exterior rooms, etc.

For clothing, we could get inmate, warden, guards and doctor outfits.

There could be more ways to explore this, like the YoCash home could be the Main Prison, and the Coin home could be the MAX Facility (for those who do wrong in prison).

I think it could be fun, and if you hated it, it'd only be 2 weeks ;)
User avatar

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 25600
Forum Title: YoManiac
Location: ❥Property of SE4N

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Decopunk
I actually tried making a house in this style in-game and could only get as far as two rooms. It's very hard to make this theme with what's in-game, which is why I think it would be a good candidate to include in a theme survey, with the following two images:
Image
Image

This theme would be what the world would look like has art deco stuck around for a longer period of time. The house could be in a mid-rise and can feature high-tech in a decopunk style. This theme is a lot different than steampunk in many clear ways. There are no pipes, and goggles used in this genre.

Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7731
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Depressed.

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Googie Sci-Fi

Remember the Jetsons? This is exactly that. Bring it on.

This is not just vintage sci-fi, it's a very specific kind of vintage sci-fi. It is all about the circular and curviness of the architecture and the colorful nature of it. For reference, you can look up googie art and googie architecture.

Image
Image

The home for this theme does not even have to be a home, but a restaurant or mall may even count!

Image
Image

If you look up googie art, it's really a vintage artistic movement. Not only in painting, but in architecture too. There are many buildings structured like this around the world, cause in their time, they were futuristic.

Image
Image
Image

I provided two different color schemes in the images above to show that this theme can be done in literally any way, the possibility and creative magic are absolutely endless.
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7731
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Depressed.

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Decopunk
I actually tried making a house in this style in-game and could only get as far as two rooms. It's very hard to make this theme with what's in-game, which is why I think it would be a good candidate to include in a theme survey, with the following two images:
Image
Image

This theme would be what the world would look like has art deco stuck around for a longer period of time. The house could be in a mid-rise and can feature high-tech in a decopunk style. This theme is a lot different than steampunk in many clear ways. There are no pipes, and goggles used in this genre.

Image
Image
Image
Image

YES PLEASE!!! :drool: :heart: :drool: :heart:
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3621
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Here?

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby eva (121221858) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:40 am

:gift: :gift: :gift: All I want för Christmas this year is a BIG family country hom with lots of rooms for a large family a big front and back yard och I think it would be nice with a granny annex. And snow everywhere,
User avatar

eva (121221858)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:49 am

:idea: I have a general suggestion. Please please put a separate bathroom in coin houses? So four rooms instead of 3? (Yard, living/kitchen, bed, and separate bath.) Please?

:idea: :eh: Or, make a single generic room that can be easily made into a bathroom that matches the theme, and connected to coin houses for those of us who want a separate bath? Edit: I mean always have this room for sale, so we can add a room to our coin house. Or more!
Last edited by Katherine (121079165) on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3621
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Here?

Re: Suggestions- Get it together!

Postby Meri Lolicious (118284286) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:50 pm

I have been yoville, aka now yoworld for years. Have you noticed the graphics are getting dull, not as colorful or detailed? Have you noticed the items that come out are just a repeat and there isn't anything you really really like? Maybe you should do a survey with more open ended questions, or maybe you should spend more time on the enhancing your graphics. I find your themes are a little boring. Why not do themes based on different personality or character types: the intelligent brainiac, the world class dresser, the scientist, the snobby rich person, a bag lady (homeless), or a shopoholic? Why don't you do a theme on different stereotype jobs? Stop focusing on the world cultural idea, and focus more on real day to day things. How about a rapper, graffitti artist, artist, or mathmeticia/computer whiz? Please look at your themes, take some ideas from longtime yovillians, and get it together, please......you are losing me!

Viking Jess wrote:Hey YoFans,

Have you noticed a few more suggestions threads than usual around here lately?

At YoWorld HQ, we've been working on some pretty sweet changes that will make YoWorld even better in 2017, and we can only do it with your help!

Part of our efforts to listen to YoFans better this year involves being more transparent with you about which new themes are coming up in the near future. Of course, we won't ruin the surprise for all of our upcoming themes and events - but we want YoFans to be able to share what you want to see in YoWorld!

So, dear YoFan, you'll find a list of themes that you can share suggestions for right here in this post! Please make sure you're sharing your suggestions in the right theme's thread, or it may get missed. And be sure to check back here periodically for new themes to share your thoughts about!

We :heart: you!

_____


Ancient Egypt
Chinese New Year
Valentine's Day
Mardi Gras
St Patrick's Day
Pirate Adventure
User avatar
Meri Lolicious (118284286)
YoWorld Level: 239
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 30, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Meri Lolicious (118284286) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:54 pm

You have a point....it is hard to do any theme because they change too quickly, nothing is enhanced or goes into depth, and there are only a couple good ideas, and the rest is junk. I find decorating a house is difficult....have more choices of one couch, other than just a couch. I like the punk stuff....add more. YoWorld is going in the wrong direction... they need to elaborate not make more faster!!

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Decopunk
I actually tried making a house in this style in-game and could only get as far as two rooms. It's very hard to make this theme with what's in-game, which is why I think it would be a good candidate to include in a theme survey, with the following two images:
Image
Image

This theme would be what the world would look like has art deco stuck around for a longer period of time. The house could be in a mid-rise and can feature high-tech in a decopunk style. This theme is a lot different than steampunk in many clear ways. There are no pipes, and goggles used in this genre.

Image
Image
Image
Image

YES PLEASE!!! :drool: :heart: :drool: :heart:
User avatar
Meri Lolicious (118284286)
YoWorld Level: 239
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 30, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Meri Lolicious (118284286) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Yes, more steampunk, maybe a bunch of different styles of it too. Great idea. Too many repeated themes, but if you went into a repeat, be more detailed and combine some.....I find their stuff is getting boring and junky! You Space time are on the right track!

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Age of Steam: China/Steampunk China

We have had numerous Chinese themes in the past, as we have had numerous Steampunk themes in the past. Since we already had multiple of the two, one more combines should not hurt anyone, right? This is right up your lane, BVG, you love repeated themes! And two repeated themes smashed together? Two for one! Two birds with one stone. It's nothing but a double deal.

;)

Steampunk in China is a sub-genre of Steampunk, where it is seen in fiction influencing Chinese architecture and life. It is in fact so different than Steampunk in style, that some would go as far to claim it a genre of its own. The house for this theme could be a small steam-powered village, a sky-palace fit for a Chinese emperor or dynasty.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The clothing for this theme could get quite interesting.
Image
User avatar
Meri Lolicious (118284286)
YoWorld Level: 239
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 30, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Meri Lolicious (118284286) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Great, I love your Jetson idea. I said to do more tv show characters, but why not more creative space, like Jetson's. It has more curves and colors. Great idea! DITTO!


Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Googie Sci-Fi

Remember the Jetsons? This is exactly that. Bring it on.

This is not just vintage sci-fi, it's a very specific kind of vintage sci-fi. It is all about the circular and curviness of the architecture and the colorful nature of it. For reference, you can look up googie art and googie architecture.

Image
Image

The home for this theme does not even have to be a home, but a restaurant or mall may even count!

Image
Image

If you look up googie art, it's really a vintage artistic movement. Not only in painting, but in architecture too. There are many buildings structured like this around the world, cause in their time, they were futuristic.

Image
Image
Image

I provided two different color schemes in the images above to show that this theme can be done in literally any way, the possibility and creative magic are absolutely endless.
User avatar
Meri Lolicious (118284286)
YoWorld Level: 239
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 30, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Lin (112220407) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Some great theme ideas...some a bit far out for me, but that's ok....I'll add mine too!

CHRISTMAS...FA LA LA LA LA! Maybe we can get working on this theme now since we sort of got skunked last Christmas??? :wailing:

EVERYTHING CHRISTMAS---SNOW ...Neat houses to decorate, lots of Christmas tree variety, different style houses, decorations-lots of wreaths and door things...outdoor fun Christmas stuff like sleds, ice rinks (old time stuff). Gifts, people celebrating...then move into a newer 2019 NYE theme right after. Please take time to get it all going when the stores are starting to push Christmas...we all love to decorate and get in the mood. But not, a few little things a day or two before the holiday. :wailing: Last year was soooo disappointing for the holidays...I waited till my hair turned grayer, but that perfect Christmas theme just didn't get here.

I like the Bohemian chic, Shabby chic themes...you can do a lot with that and girls of most ages, can have fun with them. Cool houses...different styles...all that jazz! :idea:


More styles in houses, Mid century mod...and the like. Great job all the time or we wouldn't be here, but more themes/houses and most importantly..CHRISTMAS!
Love you Yoworld! you Rock! :D :bye: :heart:


More cottages, Lofts/SoHo/NY theme..near Central Park...museums, etc.
User avatar

Lin (112220407)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 05, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 39
Forum Title: YoNovice

Disney Theme

Postby bu773rfly (393723) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Would i be possible :angel: to do a Disney theme, either characters or best designed Disney castle theme park. :heart:
Image
User avatar
bu773rfly (393723)
YoWorld Level: 226
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 09, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 1288
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: In God's loving hands.

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:56 pm

Meri Lolicious (118284286) wrote:You have a point....it is hard to do any theme because they change too quickly, nothing is enhanced or goes into depth, and there are only a couple good ideas, and the rest is junk. I find decorating a house is difficult....have more choices of one couch, other than just a couch. I like the punk stuff....add more. YoWorld is going in the wrong direction... they need to elaborate not make more faster!!

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Decopunk
I actually tried making a house in this style in-game and could only get as far as two rooms. It's very hard to make this theme with what's in-game, which is why I think it would be a good candidate to include in a theme survey, with the following two images:
Image
Image

This theme would be what the world would look like has art deco stuck around for a longer period of time. The house could be in a mid-rise and can feature high-tech in a decopunk style. This theme is a lot different than steampunk in many clear ways. There are no pipes, and goggles used in this genre.

Image
Image
Image
Image

YES PLEASE!!! :drool: :heart: :drool: :heart:


I am glad you guys enjoyed this suggestion! :)
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7731
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Depressed.

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:00 am

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Age of Steam: China/Steampunk China

We have had numerous Chinese themes in the past, as we have had numerous Steampunk themes in the past. Since we already had multiple of the two, one more combines should not hurt anyone, right? This is right up your lane, BVG, you love repeated themes! And two repeated themes smashed together? Two for one! Two birds with one stone. It's nothing but a double deal.

;)

Steampunk in China is a sub-genre of Steampunk, where it is seen in fiction influencing Chinese architecture and life. It is in fact so different than Steampunk in style, that some would go as far to claim it a genre of its own. The house for this theme could be a small steam-powered village, a sky-palace fit for a Chinese emperor or dynasty.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The clothing for this theme could get quite interesting.
Image

OOOOOOO! :drool: :love:


Marvelous! I didn't think many would like that idea.
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7731
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Depressed.

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:01 am

Spatial Exploration Fantasy
This theme would also combine elements of sci-fi and fantasy, however, is more specific in terms of context. It would involve, more specifically, the exploration of space by means of fantasy.
Image
Image

Like in the examples above, this theme would take place in some sort of spacecraft, however, this celestial vehicle would not look like our average nowadays spacecraft. It would contain elements of fantasy in its appearance. It could zip throughout space with the use of magic exhaust.

And like the images above, "outer space" for this theme could look as quixotic and mystical in appearance, and in no way realistic. This will add the uniqueness of the theme. Please, feel free to provide even more outer space wall panels like the old one we now have in the YoDepot. I feel like we could use so many more of those. Some floating land masses would be excellent as well.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7731
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Depressed.

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:32 am

Intergalactic Getaway
Geez, with all the getaway-style themes we've been having, perhaps it's time for one of a science fictional nature? Think about it for a minute. A tropical beach, on a totally different planet! What extraterrestrial delights could await us there?
Image
Image

I'd love lots of tropical scenes with some element of space. Perhaps large windows with tropical scenes in them where there are planets in the sky? Like the examples given above? Imagine sipping and tanning to the light of a nearby planet. Perhaps enjoying a massage from a robotic masseuse?
Image
Image
Image

I'd imagine the beach area of this house to be quite scenic, lots of vegetation and perhaps make it night time or at least very dim outside to sorta symbolize daytime on a different planet, there could be planets and stars reflected into the waters.
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7731
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Depressed.

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 am

Vacation Outpost of Tomorrow

For this theme, I have posted all the images below as examples and inspiration for this theme idea.

Imagine taking a trip to a futuristic tropical resort. This theme will do just that for you. Taking long peaceful walks along the morning while being served tropical gourmet dishes by your robotic chef may just be what you need.
Image
Image

Take a swim in the artificially enhanced waters in each of our designated lates and beaches, and to get around faster, take a ride on the innovative high-speed shuttle train.
Image

Learn a bit about the aquatic life here at our very own aquarium.
Image
Image

Also, I think the clothing for this theme would be so cool. Take a look at this awesome concept I found below.
Image
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7731
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Depressed.

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Mortania Evermore (13867727) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:39 pm

Suggestion of places not seen before. If these ideas were previously posted, they have my full support!

Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Nepal
Budapest, Hungary
Istanbul, Turkey
Victoria Falls/Mosi-o-Tunya, Zambia, Africa
British Columbia, Canada
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .... In Light of the MooN she shed What Was and became Mortania, Evermore ...
User avatar
Mortania Evermore (13867727)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2808
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: ... ♪ lalalaalaaaa ♪ ...

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Summer Moretti (185966058) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:01 pm

AmourYBR (156112697) wrote:Raver theme: with glowing items, I also suggest glow up fur shoes! and LED handhelds!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I would love to see theme out on yoworld. :drool: :drool: :D
User avatar
Summer Moretti (185966058)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 19
Forum Title: YoRookie
Location: Partying Ice cream & Puppies

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions