Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:58 pm

white dove (113170716) wrote:Hi I had a notice posted on my yoworld home--It said I was to receive 4 rare costumes--I cant find any --do you know anything about this

:eh: :idea: Do you mean the costume crate sale that has a CHANCE of getting rare costumes? Edit: It is hair crate that is on sale atm!

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 3609
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Wet Spot (126579776) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:08 am

Halloween is coming.

There, I said it. And I really want something special. I loved the clown stuff last year, so I am really looking forward to your creativity grabbing this big Yo event by the horns. I am not a fan of traditional Halloween stuff, although it can be very additive when it is dark and realistic. The "cute" is not my preference. I want it to feel isolated, frightening, and devoid of light. The basement of the Spellbound castle is a perfect place to start. I want it to smother the screen in hopelessness. I want it eerie. I want it to make our skin crawl and our neck hair stand straight up. I don't need gore, but rather I need the fear of it. It is what is implied that can be most frightening. I want transparent shadows I can layer over things. I want translucent light shining through things. I want to feel the dirt and grime of it all. Decay. Stillness. Festering despair. Stifling space. Grays and blacks subtly tinted with deep blues and purples and greens. Muted fire pulsing in darkness. The end of all sanity and order.

I understand others might want different stuff. That's fine. I'm just getting this out there and hoping for the best......or worst you can do. :devil:

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll get you the right ones. - John Lennon
Wet Spot (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35136
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Alison YOJ (114726325) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:58 pm

OUTLANDER (just tread lightly around copyrights).

It's got everything, romance, warfare, castles, scenery, time travel, magic, voodoo, the high seas, what more could you want.

Yo Lander
CLICK THE FLOWER TO VISIT ME

Alison YOJ (114726325)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 727
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:26 am

Here's a theme idea: Futuristic Elites

Credit for all art used in this post goes to their original artists.

Imagine the setting in a dystopian future, where an elite rule. The house for this theme can be a condo in a sky-piercer, an extremely tall highrise. The life would be glamorous, very opulent, and stylish. We'll be living this living by only the glamorous! I think this theme could make excellent use of holograms. It wouldn't be too light, it would be a little dark and cold in color palette but very clean. Take the images below as examples.

And of course, the fashion would be quite imposing and divine.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7731
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:06 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Here's a theme idea: Futuristic Elites

Credit for all art used in this post goes to their original artists.

Imagine the setting in a dystopian future, where an elite rule. The house for this theme can be a condo in a sky-piercer, an extremely tall highrise. The life would be glamorous, very opulent, and stylish. We'll be living this living by only the glamorous! I think this theme could make excellent use of holograms. It wouldn't be too light, it would be a little dark and cold in color palette but very clean. Take the images below as examples.

And of course, the fashion would be quite imposing and divine.

Hell to the YES! :party:

We need this on the questionnaire :hug:
ImageImageImage

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 7583

Postby BrielleXmfDiva (185404065) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:37 am

Hi Vikings,
how about an African theme, and adding african/african-american hair(s) in shop? Can they stay in shop so we can have more choices :angel: Like cornrows, afro puffs better looking updated afro's. make them in shop permanent, not just a quick theme n then bye, okay :heartbroken:
BrielleXmfDiva (185404065)
YoWorld Level: 236
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2013

Forum Posts: 4
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:06 pm

Naomi Galore (185404065) wrote:Hi Vikings,
how about an African theme, and adding african/african-american hair(s) in shop? Can they stay in shop so we can have more choices :angel: Like cornrows, afro puffs better looking updated afro's. make them in shop permanent, not just a quick theme n then bye, okay :heartbroken:

I agree! :thumbsup:

Postby yoohoo (135147914) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:14 pm

Avant Garde could be really cool.

yoohoo (135147914)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 43
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Bringing up a theme suggestion in hopes that it will be passed on to the team, again. And perhaps included in a future theme survey.

Floating Palaces

From now on, in my theme suggestions, I am going to include two visuals I think should be included with the theme option, should it ever pop up in a survey. They are only meant to serve as inspiration for the final theme. Here they are for this theme.

I presented the two images above because for this theme I want the aesthetic and style to follow those two images.I would love for the architecture to follow that style. With similar themes and attributes that come into play.

The home for this would be a palace, and it would be floating on a giant rock, essentially. Now, to show off that it's floating on a giant rock, would be very simple. It would have a balcony where much of this detail can be seen. It would also be visible from the entrance of the home. I'd imagine the ground around the front of the house would eventually cut off to show off the surrounding skies and grand architecture in the background.

For furniture items, we are looking at plenty of golds, greens, and blues. Much of these colors could be shown in the trim of the furniture. And remember, be sure to keep the colors consistent throughout the theme, and use as much of the same shade of each color for different furniture items. Items can include drape-like furniture features, lots of fountains and water-themed items. Some glowing items would be nice as well, this is a theme that is pretty much grounded in fantasy.

As for the clothing, I'd imagine lots of drapey attire. In light colors to contrast the strong bold rich details the theme is bound to have in its environments in terms of housing and furniture.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Solarpunk

I am going to keep pushing for this theme until I see it accurately represented in one of those theme surveys. :D

For this theme, the home could be a sun temple, vertical farm, or a green energy power plant. This theme is all about using renewable energies, with high-tech technologies to serve not only humanity but the environment. Sure, it would have many stained glass windows, lots of bright colors, and sun-featuring items in both the clothing and furniture department. While the colors of this theme may run all along the spectrum, the main colors could be blue and green (for the planet), orange (for the sun), and brown/bronze (for the color of soil). The trimming for the furniture can be in bronze while the colors can be blue and green.

The clothing for this theme would be quite drapey, as follows.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Gothic Sci-fi

Of course, why not? We've never had it before. Matter fact, we've never ever had a full-on gothic theme. So why not a gothic sci-fi one?

So what would gothic architecture look like if it was carried on well into the future? The two images you see above show you just that. Vaulted archways and flying buttresses are very common in Gothic architecture, and the amazingly talented artists of the images I present to you above were very well able to capture those unique styles. The home for this theme would be in a highrise of sorts, kinda like the ones you see above. The furniture would make excellent use of darker colors, like black, red, and purple. Please keep color consistency in mind. The trim of the furniture should be inspired sorta by the architecture.

Please keep in mind that architecture is very important here in keeping this science fiction theme as gothic as possible.

The clothing would be very fun, and I have shown a few examples below. Don't be afraid to go a little formal. Maybe even add some lether to the mix.

Postby Wet Spot (126579776) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:37 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Gothic Sci-fi

Oh I'd pay dearly for this one. :thumbsup:

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll get you the right ones. - John Lennon
Wet Spot (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35136
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Kristina (187313551) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 am

ust a sugestion here in my townwe have a strawberry festival every year everything is to do with strawberries maybe something like that or how bout a vacation resort place a cruise ship as home and then have a ball room kinda like the titanic ship
make it big and have it all in there just throwing out ideas if interested......
LOVE ALWAYS KRISTINA

Kristina (187313551)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 12, 2016

Forum Posts: 39
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Teslapunk/Age of Electricity

This theme may appear similar to steampunk by color palette, so it would require tons of delicate working around in order to make it work and make it different than Steampunk. The main difference between Teslapunk and Steampunk, is actually the colors. In Steampunk, you tend to have tons of gold, bronze, copper, browns, grunge. With Teslapunk, you have tons of blue, red, and gray.

The house for this theme could be a laboratory or a wireless electricity transfer tower. The whole idea behind this genre, is what the world would have been like had Nikola Tesla successfully made wireless electricity wide-spread. Below, you'll see an image of Wardenclyffe Tower, which was built in New York in 1901. Ideally, this genre typically sits between the years 1900-1920, which not too far after the Victorian era (where the Steampunk genre is normally portrayed).

Another common aspect of this theme, is the massive robots, which are typically portrayed as larger in size when compared to their steampunk counterparts.

The clothing for this theme is actually also very different from anything you'd find in steampunk. It tends to look more pirate-y than steampunk-ish if you know what I mean.

Other trinkets to incorporate in some form:
-Free Flying Electricity
-Tesla Towers
-Tesla Coils
-Giant machinery

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:07 pm

Urban Fantasy
I have suggested this idea before, but never in enough detail. This theme could literally take place in any major city. New York, Hong Kong, Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, London, Tokyo, you name it!

It's fantasy, in an urban setting. Imagine vampires in Tokyo, werewolves in New York, warlocks and wizards in Philadelphia, etc. Of course, for this theme, you'd have to stick to one city and allow all of the magic to happen there. The only catch is, the real world (humanity) is completely unaware of their existence.

The house for this theme can be anything from a corner store bodega, slum apartment, luxurious high-rise, etc. The house would even have some form of connection to the sewage system, where the dark magic is performed and traded. This is fair came, and can incorporate any genre of fantasy in the urban setting.

Imagine it, corporate vampires, witches on the police force, etc.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Age of Steam: China/Steampunk China

We have had numerous Chinese themes in the past, as we have had numerous Steampunk themes in the past. Since we already had multiple of the two, one more combines should not hurt anyone, right? This is right up your lane, BVG, you love repeated themes! And two repeated themes smashed together? Two for one! Two birds with one stone. It's nothing but a double deal.

;)

Steampunk in China is a sub-genre of Steampunk, where it is seen in fiction influencing Chinese architecture and life. It is in fact so different than Steampunk in style, that some would go as far to claim it a genre of its own. The house for this theme could be a small steam-powered village, a sky-palace fit for a Chinese emperor or dynasty.

The clothing for this theme could get quite interesting.
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Celestial Fantasy

Whenever I suggest this theme, it's always hard not to use some of Kagaya's amazing work. But of course, other works can be referenced as well.

The word Celestial denotes anything spacial or heavenly, and in the care of celestial fantasy, you'd be combining both the aspects of heaven with the aspects of space, creating a mythical science fiction world. The house could be a palace floating in water, or even a sunken palace. A balcony with stars and planets in the sky, and things along that nature.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:51 pm

Alien Invasion

How will this happen? Will an advanced alien species bring hostility and war? Or will an advanced alien species bring new technologies, and good will?

This theme would take place in the destroyed streets of YoWorld, as our species faces off against an alien threat, from outside of this world. Another idea for a home for this theme, would be the alien mother-ship itself.

I think this theme should be very scenic. There should be lots of floating ash, falling rubble, and debris. Lots of animated hovering alien craft, lots of YoWorldian war machines, like war planes, tanks and jets. All ready to face off against the hostile invaders from outer space.

There should be an apocalyptic atmosphere in the home design. I want the air for this house to have an actual atmosphere that you can see. Something heavy and haunting.

We can have extraterrestrial costumes, survivor costumes, military and air force outfits. Etc.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:56 pm

Found Tape Horror Theme

In this post I provided below I explained to a fellow forum user a while back how a found-tape horror theme would work. If BVG ever considers putting this as an option in the survey, I'd explain it a bit like I did, just to that players actually understand what you're offering them. Cause otherwise nobody is going to say yes to it if they don't understand the theme idea.

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:How would found film work clothing and furn wise?

I am glad you asked! The idea I have specifically pertaining to such a theme would be that the house would have a unique property in that every room we walk into, is designed to look as though we are looking at a surveillance footage.

So it the home could really be any old regular location, a house, an apartment complex, etc. However, each room would have a camera night-vision filter over the top of it to make it look like it's actually a surveillance footage. Furniture items include cameras, tapes, recorders, etc. Other furniture items may include regular house furniture as well as distorted footage anomalies we can add to each room. BVG could really make the found footage be about anything, ghosts, demons, poltergeists, extraterrestrials, etc. Or just give us a little bit of everything and let us decide.

Other furniture items may include items that move on their own, shadows, orbs, partial body or full body apparitions, etc. Essentially allowing us to create our own found footage experience we can walk through in-game. We can use a number of items, especially since the rooms within the house will have a filter over it, anything from old themes should be able to be placed within the new house without an issue. BVG could also sell the filter(s) separately in store to allow us to make our own in older or newer homes in the future. I say filter(s) cause there may be multiple versions, like night vision (blue setting), night vision (green setting), and night vision (gray setting).

For clothing, BVG could release various types of entity outfits, like ghost costumes, apparition costumes. They could release ghost hunter and explorer outfits as well. With equipment like handheld EMF detectors, cameras, etc.

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:28 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Age of Steam: China/Steampunk China

We have had numerous Chinese themes in the past, as we have had numerous Steampunk themes in the past. Since we already had multiple of the two, one more combines should not hurt anyone, right? This is right up your lane, BVG, you love repeated themes! And two repeated themes smashed together? Two for one! Two birds with one stone. It's nothing but a double deal.

;)

Steampunk in China is a sub-genre of Steampunk, where it is seen in fiction influencing Chinese architecture and life. It is in fact so different than Steampunk in style, that some would go as far to claim it a genre of its own. The house for this theme could be a small steam-powered village, a sky-palace fit for a Chinese emperor or dynasty.

The clothing for this theme could get quite interesting.

OOOOOOO! :drool: :love:

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 3609
Forum Title: YoAficionado

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions