The YoWorld Podcast Episode 47 FEEDBACK THREAD

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

The YoWorld Podcast Episode 47 FEEDBACK THREAD

Postby Viking Jess » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Hey YoFans,

This week on the YoWorld Podcast, Jacob and Trevor sit down (but not still!) to talk about all the fun happenings in YoWorld. It's a high-energy episode filled with lots of information, lots of silliness, and all kinds of work for our poor sound guy. *Insert sound effect here*

Have a grand ol' time with us and listen in by clicking HERE

Past episodes!
Episode 46 | Episode 45.2 | Episode 45 | Episode 44 | Episode 43 | Episode 42 | Episode 41 | Episode 40 | Episode 39 | Episode 38 | Episode 37 | Episode 36 | Episode 35 | Episode 34 | Episode 33 | Episode 32 | Episode 31 | Episode 30 | Episode 29 | Episode 28 | Episode 27 | Episode 26 | Episode 25 | Episode 24 | Episode 23 | Episode 22 | Episode 21 | Episode 20 | Episode 19 | Episode 18 | Episode 17 | Episode 16 | Episode 15 | Episode 14 | Episode 13 | Episode 12 | Episode 11 | Episode 10 | Episode 9 | Episode 8 | Episode 7 | Episode 6 | Episode 5 | Episode 4 | Episode 3 | Episode 2 | Episode 1

Want a chance to win a signed Big Viking Games t-shirt? Send us postcards to this address!
300-285 King St.
London, Ontario, Canada
N6B 3M6

Leave your reviews for BVG here:
Google | Facebook

Submit your trivia questions for our team here:
Click here

Postcards
Mad YoLibs!
Player Questions
Question to YoFans

Features
Server migration happened, and we're still working to resolve any outstanding issues that stemmed from it. Check this thread for more details! It will be updated as we solve more and more of these bugs :)

If you love feature news, you'll also want to sign up for the YoWorld Newsletter! News, free items and more emailed directly to you - what more could you want? Click the Settings tab above YoWorld to sign up.

Art Updates
Our Japanese Getaway theme has wrapped, Fathers Day and Summer Solstice items happened, and Undersea Adventure is slowly coming to a close. Get ready for our awesome upcoming American Roadtrip theme!

Postcards
After reading a beautiful postcard from Wasp in Ile Maurice, Jacob and Trevor draw for another t-shirt winner: congratulations to Desi! Please contact us with your mailing information so we can get your prize to you :)

Mad YoLibs!
On the last episode of the YoWorld Podcast, we asked YoFans to submit words for Mad YoLibs! This is one segment you're going to want to listen in for. Hilarity abounds!

Player Questions
When doing Avenue releases --In the future , can we please think about doing animated car's,bike's,scooter's,tank's or whatever goes down the street or up the street to give things a more realistic look for that avenue?(kinda what ya did with the spaceship from the space theme) is what i'm talking about,,the movement of it - Crystal
Interesting idea! We'll consider it, we just have to be conscious of reusability :)

Can you possibly integrate an enter button in auction house? Like after we type something in the search bar, we can hit enter instead of having to click on it with our mouse, and same with budding that pesky little side bar is always in the way having to remove it before we can actually submit a bid - Mojo
Did you know Mojo is a lovely rhubarb wheat beer brewed at Forked River Brewery in London, Ontario? To answer your question - we do plan to overhaul the auction house at some point in the future. This feedback will be considered when we get there!

I know this is late saying this, but the birthday thing was great timing because today (june 10th) is actually my birthday! I am no longer in my 20s as of today! - Rollercoaster Goth
Welcome to the 30s club! According to Jacob, 33 will be the best year of your life :)

If Puffin goes through China, how about Photon? - Toink Toink
Unfortunately, if it's a product that we don't make, we can't make any guarantees as to its security. We can't know everything about everything on the internet :(

My question is...Is there anyway possible for the floor arrows to show thru the floor tiles? - grammy dy
This is a bit of a controversial problem. Some players would rather they not show at all. We might have to look into other solutions!

Can we adjust our name tag on our own to go above our head? Maybe make it smaller? I found that when I tried on my mermaid tail my name covered it. Maybe the name can go below when you're wearing a ride so it won't cover the ride? - StarshaSparklesHTC
We'll be looking into the option to turn nametags off at some point in the future! We can't guarantee it'll be possible but we'll look.

Will there be a special Viking coming in for Episode 50? - Toink Toink
Maybe!

I am just wondering if layering issues will ever be solved? Some windows, you can't put curtains on, they all go behind and some floor tiles, we can't put rugs on top of them - Queenie YDL
Layering is a headache sometimes. We've made vast improvements and we plan to keep trying to improve, but to adjust things like that we would have to rewrite the game entirely.

Mr Jacob I ask kindly again.. Will we ever get our building materials in the depot to make our self builds easier, especially roofs.. roof tiles and roof beams? - Queenie YDL
It's on our list for when we have time at some point in the future :)

Why are there avenues that are only coming out with two arrows when certain ones can definitely have more then two, perhaps even four, like the undersea avenue, the ocean avenue, etc? - Anthony
It's a design choice, and it can also cause some connection troubles. We'll keep an eye out for more opportunities to have four connections going forward.

Can you make a way to be able to store clothes hats etc like we do furniture?
And can you create a button in the store one for cash items and one for coin like we have in the auction house.
- Mojo
Neat suggestion! It would be a big back-end and UI change, but we'll keep it in mind for the future.

BVG!

According to the History Channel. Vikings never wore horned hats!
- Thursday Soleil
There was one, according to Jacob, named Greg who wore a horned hat.

Question>Would it be possible to get free yc boxes instead of free items? Free up the staff a bit so their free to do free yc boxes that would free their minds from the hassle of all the free items...chuckle.... :D - April
We've done it before... So maybe!

Note to sound guy-in need of some sound effects in podcast! - April
Poor sound guy.

Your assignments this week...
  • Tell us what you want to happen for Episode 50! It's coming up, and we want to know what you want to hear.
  • Want your questions for us answered? Write them down below and we'll answer some of them on the next episode.
  • Send us some postcards! We’ll read 'em out on the next podcast and they'll be entered into a draw for a Big Viking t-shirt!
  • Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and don’t be shy - say “hi” in the game if you see us!
  • If you have concerns or problems, let us know using the Help tab above the game!

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 282

Forum Posts: 8005
Forum Title: Official Insta: @yoworldcommunity

Re: The YoWorld Podcast Episode 47 FEEDBACK THREAD

Postby NoOdLeZ 2hot (186279575) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Away to listen! :hug: :heart:
NoOdLeZ 2hot (186279575)
YoWorld Level: 246
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 30, 2015

Forum Posts: 7002
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Bunny (185290042) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:44 pm

rip headphone users :haha:
ImageImage
"The Credit Belongs To The Man Who Is Actually In The Arena" -Roosevelt
❤Buying these!❤
WISHLIST: ABSOLUTELY ANY GROOVY FURNITURE
Rest in peace my white pawed baby ❤ 8.28.17 8:55 AM
Bunny (185290042)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 17, 2013

Forum Posts: 9472
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Kailie (105663843) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:00 pm

YvB Bunny (185290042) wrote:rip headphone users :haha:

I've got headphones on at work.. now I just HAVE to hear this because your wrote this, lol.

Kailie (105663843)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3158
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:17 pm

:haha: :devil:
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 9437
Location: Everyone likes to have pudding :D I am procrastinating about procrastination.

Postby daisy di (119576115) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:34 pm

They have improved the layering issues? Not on my end. LOL

daisy di (119576115)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 1318
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby VallyGurl Thugz2hot (155772103) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Kailie (105663843) wrote:

I've got headphones on at work.. now I just HAVE to hear this because your wrote this, lol.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
VallyGurl Thugz2hot (155772103)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 1220

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:41 pm

Thursday Soleil (136586881) wrote:
:haha: :devil:

My volume was on high already that scared me so much :cold: :haha: :haha:

Having a listen now as I draw for the design contest, seems fitting :haha:
Image Image
"Que será, será....Whatever will be, will be" ♛

PinkSnowDrop (115645703)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 15006
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Crystal (144993945) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:47 pm

:thumbsup: That's exactly what i was talking about Trevor with the moving placeable car's,truck's,scooters,ect. Just to make it look like traffic going on.:) but yes would be cool placeables that move across the screen. :thumbsup:

Also Thank you for sending out the T-shirts--- sorry about the marker issue :love: :hug:

Question: Can we please discuss either changing the contest winning catagory to Beginner,Expert,Pro so
beginners can have a chance at winning a design or decorating contest?Or whatever the vikings can come up with for
beginner designers/decorators? Not all of us have the tools the pro's use and makes it limited to the peeps that enter.

For the 50th Podcast--I'd like to hear from our very own Greg Or Gary. Been a long time since Mr.Gary's been on podcast. :hug:
Last edited by Crystal (144993945) on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"La Vita e Bella"
Crystal (144993945)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 3757
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Minx (11721472) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:55 pm

More Mad YoLibs! :smug: :haha: :haha: :haha:
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/index.php?d=APLiving-11721472
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Minx (11721472)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 1159

Postby Pomegranate Latorio (177818762) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:58 pm

I have a question in conjunction with grammy dy's question you have answered:
My question is...Is there anyway possible for the floor arrows to show thru the floor tiles? - grammy dy

Is it possible that you could make it so we can enable and disable this in settings, seeing as how some people want the arrows to show through tiles and others don't?
Image <--- Key
Wishlist | Pomegranate | Instagram
Stv | Froshty | Rafa | Aaron | Kraze | Adam | Milky | SE4N | GREG
Pomegranates are love, pomegranates are life.
Pomegranate Latorio (177818762)
YoWorld Start Date: May 16, 2011

Forum Posts: 7900

Postby Pomegranate Latorio (177818762) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:02 pm

Your elephant sound gave me a heart attack.
Can we have this when we log into game instead of the balloon throwing sound? :haha:
Image <--- Key
Wishlist | Pomegranate | Instagram
Stv | Froshty | Rafa | Aaron | Kraze | Adam | Milky | SE4N | GREG
Pomegranates are love, pomegranates are life.
Pomegranate Latorio (177818762)
YoWorld Start Date: May 16, 2011

Forum Posts: 7900

Postby VallyGurl Thugz2hot (155772103) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:31 pm

My Question: Can we ever get a place in the bank where let's say you put 2 yc and it gives you back 40k it like changes your currency so like that we won't need to go look for a YC dealer? :D :hug:
For Podcast Episode 50 I want to hear more about what plans you guys have in the future and what plans you are going to make to make the community come together more and attract more new players :D
Last edited by VallyGurl Thugz2hot (155772103) on Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby fbyosallplay (4152024) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:32 pm

:devil: lmao girl-hulk... those fill in the blank stories were funny rofl :heart: :haha: :haha: toothpaste filter..... you should make a gorilla and other animals, /safari/rescue in the wild theme
50th pod-versary .. you all whoever is in the pod sings especially jacob ..
Last edited by fbyosallplay (4152024) on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

so if i installed windows 10 half way does that
mean i am running on w 9.5 :)

gifts> <3
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... ng-4152024
>https://youtu.be/DAFQFaVB1dg

fbyosallplay (4152024)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 26, 2008

Forum Posts: 98
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby VallyGurl Thugz2hot (155772103) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Can we ever get flying cars? :haha: :haha: :haha: :silly:
Last edited by VallyGurl Thugz2hot (155772103) on Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:19 pm

I don't really have any game questions... ooh I know! For when you record the next podcast :haha: What, if any, food are you eating? :silly:

(better be pringles!)
Image Image
"Que será, será....Whatever will be, will be" ♛

PinkSnowDrop (115645703)
YoWorld Level: 250

Forum Posts: 15006
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Ziva (176116962) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:46 pm

great podcast! so many questions answered!Thanks for the updates!
:heart: :heart:
Lost Interest

Ziva (176116962)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 24, 2011

Forum Posts: 2175
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Ziva (176116962) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:47 pm

LRH VallyGurl2hot (155772103) wrote:My Question: Can we ever get a place in the bank where let's say you put 2 yc and it gives you back 40k it like changes your currency so like that we won't need to go look for a YC dealer? :D :hug:

good idea
Lost Interest

Ziva (176116962)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 24, 2011

Forum Posts: 2175
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby JustShirley (115653893) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Listening to the podcast now...They were talking about the question of making floor tiles so the arrows would show through. It was mentioned that some people want that feature of covering the arrows. May I suggest a purchasable arrow (like a marker) that we can buy to place where the original arrow is if the player wants a location marker...even if it's just a smaller version. When I cover the arrows and I'm not sure I'll remember where the arrows are, I purchase the vertical small neon bars from the "Totally 80's" theme....for that matter....anything can be used...(some people just don't like Easter Eggs laying around on their floor... hhahahaahh) :haha:
CLICK MY SIGGY TO VISIT MY DEFAULT ROOM OR THE WORLD TO VISIT MY APARTMENT

JustShirley (115653893)
YoWorld Level: 300

Forum Posts: 438
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Physical body stays on Earth but Soul is boundless! ☼

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Greg Hornson :haha: :haha: :haha: :silly:

Thanks to the Mighty Greg Hornson for all of his conquests and contributions that have echoed down through the ages and inspired the Iconic Horned hat.

*raises fists full of cooked meats in homage* (we wouldn't want you to offend)

Now that this is settled. :drink:

The 50th should include 50 highlights from the past Podcasts. 50/50 raffle. 50 card pick up ( could be a game with postcards :D)
Where in the course of a podcast 50 postcards are drawn and receive small prizes.

I think 50th podcast Yoversary could have some Golden elements ... since 50 is golden.

IDK >.< I am just thrilled you guys stuck with it and give us a fun and informative podcast. TY!
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 9437
Location: Everyone likes to have pudding :D I am procrastinating about procrastination.

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions