Yoville Community Site (Yoville.com) Remake + Forums!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Yoville Community Site (Yoville.com) Remake + Forums!

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Fri May 13, 2016 12:27 pm

Hello

I've been playing YoWorld since 2009 and the thing I used to love about the game was the Yoville Community site, I just used to love being able to stalk my friends, view others apartments / houses and see what everyone was up to.

The past 2 days i've spent about 4 - 5 hours recreating some of the parts of the Yoville.com website, including the profile, home page and the items page. The site of course doesn't fully function, however I set it out as if you were a guest player (Not Logged in) viewing the default "dummy" profiles. As well as viewing the profile you can also head over to the items tab and view items exactly how you used to be able to view them on Yoville.com.

I have changed some elements of the site, updating them so they look nicer than the old style Zynga had. I've had to recreate a lot of the old graphics ones which I was having trouble finding. As a lot of old images are saved as .jpg the quality of them was far to low to use. I haven't fully finished the site, as I said i've been working on it for about 4 - 5 hours and hopefully plan on making it into a full replica of the old community site (Without functionality).

I am still currently working on the items page, I plan on splitting the items into their respective store categories as well as adding the pages so you can scroll through items. At the moment the item count is limited to 72 per store.

Used to create:
- PHP
- HTML
- Javascript
- JQuery
- CSS
- JSON
- Inkscape / Photoshop (Graphics)
- Adobe Flash CS5 (AS3)

If you want to check it out yourself you can go see it at http://Yoville.co.uk
I would appreciate some feedback on it, thanks!
Last edited by 1WTC (131380246) on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: Yoville Community Site (Yoville.com) Remake

Postby Hong Tim (12745607) » Fri May 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Yes, please bring it up Big Viking :'(
Hong Tim (12745607)
YoWorld Level: 227
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 92
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby GK AquamarineGem (166577747) » Fri May 13, 2016 12:50 pm

Good work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GK AquamarineGem (166577747)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2010

Forum Posts: 2990
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Fri May 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Wow! Nice job! I really miss it. First of all, it made it so much easier to find an item instead of hunting through all your houses. Secondly, it was great when you wanted to gift someone. You could find out if they already had the item or not. That was especially helpful for clothes.

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 3133
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Fri May 13, 2016 2:36 pm

Thanks for the feedback

I've just finished recreating the blog!

Going to link it up with an SQL database to make pushing posts to it a lot easier
1WTC (131380246)

Postby JoeyAggie (7030962) » Fri May 13, 2016 2:59 pm

That is very impressive! Great work! Makes me miss the website!
JoeyAggie (7030962)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 28

Postby Arnold (12789920) » Fri May 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Is this website going to be malicious and harmfull ? And hacking ?
Novomber
Arnold (12789920)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 2014
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby hiphop (185308865) » Fri May 13, 2016 3:16 pm

i miss yo.com i really miss it
AnonWikiLeaks ★#OpHomeless
hiphop (185308865)
YoWorld Level: 232
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2013

Forum Posts: 1575
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Fri May 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Aarnold Gooly (12789920) wrote:Is this website going to be malicious and harmfull ? And hacking ?

How would it be harmful / malicious?
It is simply just a recreation of the old site and no more. You don't login to it or anything.
1WTC (131380246)

Postby Juno (102713182) » Fri May 13, 2016 4:22 pm

but fully functional with a login, could be super damaging.. I suggest they hire you as a viking to finish building the platform fully functional.. I'm in school right now learning web development myself, I would love to work for bvg someday...
Juno (102713182)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: May 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 49

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Fri May 13, 2016 4:41 pm

AA JUNO (102713182) wrote:but fully functional with a login, could be super damaging.. I suggest they hire you as a viking to finish building the platform fully functional.. I'm in school right now learning web development myself, I would love to work for bvg someday...

I wouldn't be able to get it fully functioning without input from BVG. All I can do is display data. Not actually submit data.
I'd really love it if there were some API calls to get the player data (Username, inventory, buddies etc) from the user id and have the response in JSON, then I could get profiles working and actually make it a sort of working site hahaha

Web development is very fun though, I own a few websites, some big, some small, I enjoy coding them, I write them all from scratch as I cannot stand things such as wordpress, it just takes all the fun out of web development. I also write software and games in my spare time, I actually wrote a YoVille clone for android / iOS a few years back as a fun project over a week. IT was great fun, I was getting up to the part of implementing the game server, then I just stopped working on it when other projects started getting in the way hahaha. It'd be a dream to work on YoWorld and has been for 8 years, but I highly doubt it would ever happen. I just enjoy being part of the community.

The history and working mechanics behind this game fascinate me. There is just something about this game over other games which I just find amazing.
1WTC (131380246)

Postby Juno (102713182) » Fri May 13, 2016 4:55 pm

1WTC (131380246) wrote:
AA JUNO (102713182) wrote:but fully functional with a login, could be super damaging.. I suggest they hire you as a viking to finish building the platform fully functional.. I'm in school right now learning web development myself, I would love to work for bvg someday...

I wouldn't be able to get it fully functioning without input from BVG. All I can do is display data. Not actually submit data.
I'd really love it if there were some API calls to get the player data (Username, inventory, buddies etc) from the user id and have the response in JSON, then I could get profiles working and actually make it a sort of working site hahaha

Web development is very fun though, I own a few websites, some big, some small, I enjoy coding them, I write them all from scratch as I cannot stand things such as wordpress, it just takes all the fun out of web development. I also write software and games in my spare time, I actually wrote a YoVille clone for android / iOS a few years back as a fun project over a week. IT was great fun, I was getting up to the part of implementing the game server, then I just stopped working on it when other projects started getting in the way hahaha. It'd be a dream to work on YoWorld and has been for 8 years, but I highly doubt it would ever happen. I just enjoy being part of the community.

The history and working mechanics behind this game fascinate me. There is just something about this game over other games which I just find amazing.

wordpress = the same site.. over and over.. lol.. it has it's place i guess for people who can't afford a true custom site.. I love development too, it appeals to my creative and my problem solving sides. It's always been my dream since I started learning code in basic when I was very young in school.. I went the hardware route in I.T. and now i'm bored with that.. coding never gets boring as you can create.. and I totally agree, there is something totally fascinating about this game.. besides how they know exactly when and how to drop enticing things on us.. the game is just fantastic over all..
Juno (102713182)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: May 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 49

Postby GK AquamarineGem (166577747) » Fri May 13, 2016 4:58 pm

1WTC (131380246) wrote:

You can always apply! They said that they were hiring on their last podcast :) https://www.bigvikinggames.com/careers/

GK AquamarineGem (166577747)
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2010

Forum Posts: 2990
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby MintZ (185293075) » Fri May 13, 2016 5:23 pm

yoworld.com is coming soon! :hug:
MintZ (185293075)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 1734

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Fri May 13, 2016 5:31 pm

1WTC (131380246) wrote:

Cool I guess. BVG said they are working on their version. I'm hoping and waiting for theirs to come out. Not sure anyone needs to know who's on my buddy list but myself. Also when they do put their version out, I'm hoping to be able to hide my inventory. I disliked that part of the old .com. Anyways...good luck.
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 9331
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Hong Tim (12745607) » Fri May 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Already 2 years and no news :(
Hong Tim (12745607)
YoWorld Level: 227
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 92

Postby Jacquelyn Acosta (167671803) » Fri May 13, 2016 9:15 pm

Wow thats pretty cool!
Jacquelyn Acosta (167671803)
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2010

Forum Posts: 5262
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby PiiE (186790252) » Fri May 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Very creative
Good job.
:)
PiiE (186790252)
YoWorld Level: 179
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 11, 2016

Forum Posts: 3483
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby lucks (185283611) » Fri May 13, 2016 11:03 pm

didn't bvg say they were working on a yoworld site a few months ago?
if you have steampunk halloween hair fs, PM me
lucks (185283611)
YoWorld Level: 278
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2013

Forum Posts: 19748
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby MintZ (185293075) » Sat May 14, 2016 5:28 am

HiMom Lucks (185283611) wrote:didn't bvg say they were working on a yoworld site a few months ago?

Yes, they had a bit of trouble with it. It should be here shortly though. :)
MintZ (185293075)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 1734

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions