I miss the old features

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

I miss the old features

Postby Desarea (109688818) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:34 am

Like riding in cars,etc and idk maybe actually swimming in pool’s :wailing:
Desarea (109688818)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 269
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: I miss the old features

Postby Jade (136873125) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:49 am

Desarea (109688818) wrote:Like riding in cars,etc and idk maybe actually swimming in pool’s :wailing:

I miss many things we had when Zynga owned the game and mostly TIME!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 3327
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere in Southern Ontario not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby XxMamacitaDiaX (169681585) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:20 am

:haha: :haha: :haha: Yesssssssssssssssss!

They deserve shade for the pool and all their nonsense but especially the pools.
Don't put one in the house if your to lazy or cheap to put a real pool in.

I miss old everything

I totally miss rideables and normal holidays. Ya know, when we got tree orniments and like jelly beans ffs.

I am so board with themes I have decided it's Halloween for me starting now until X-mas. Period.

XxMamacitaDiaX (169681585)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 07, 2010

Forum Posts: 2468
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Running the Asylum & Eating Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Postby Desarea (109688818) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:17 am

With the themes i try to make themed city’s and towns, like a fall themed town,etc
Desarea (109688818)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 269
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Buttdust (126579776) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:29 am

My guess on the pools is that it's just faster not to create the interaction to allow us to get in them. They go so fast with themes now that they don't really leave time for some of the extra stuff that makes things fun. I wish they'd always remember that fun is why we play Yo.

I will say the game has a lot of fun features in it now that didn't exist back then. They kind of offset the missing things for me. The only thing constant is change. And hopefully they push for "better".

:)

Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people........
Buttdust (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 441
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 51610
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby DANDELIONWINE (122607870) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:34 am

Jade (136873125) wrote:
Desarea (109688818) wrote:Like riding in cars,etc and idk maybe actually swimming in pool’s :wailing:

YES, I so agree with you. TIME. Things are too rushed today, it has sucked the enjoyment right out of the game, not to mention stifle a lot of creativity, social interaction, and quality, all now suffering because of this double time pace we're tracking today.

I also miss all the games we used to have in game that fostered interaction with our neighbors beyond just the daily coin run.
And something I know there is no hope of restoring, our companion to the game, Yoville..com, with it's daily missions, prizes, balloon building and splatting, contests and all the function and features that were on that site
You cannot compare the but we have the mobile app now to what was lost from Yoville..com. The mobile app pales in comparison to all the activity. account inventory features, home features and complementary game functions that were on that old site.

This game today still holds memories for us, but it's function and gameplay have been changed, sped up and diminished,

Nostalgia is a strong aphrodisiac, but we do need the gaps between then and now filled back in for the good of long term survival, and for gosh sakes Cut out this new quickened pace

Just sharing some thoughts and feelings....again. I've been feeling and speaking about all this for years, ever since they changed the game October 2015
ImageImageImageImageImage
♫ All you need is Love ♫
♫ Love is all you need ♫

DANDELIONWINE (122607870)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 7112
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:00 am

Loobed (126579776) wrote:My guess on the pools is that it's just faster not to create the interaction to allow us to get in them. They go so fast with themes now that they don't really leave time for some of the extra stuff that makes things fun. I wish they'd always remember that fun is why we play Yo.

I will say the game has a lot of fun features in it now that didn't exist back then. They kind of offset the missing things for me. The only thing constant is change. And hopefully they push for "better".

:)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

don't be insulted if someone calls you a nasty name. it simply shows how poor minded, sorry and sad the person is who did it. they are simply just jealous of what you can do that they cannot. never, ever put your happiness in someone else's hands.

dianabanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 407
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 15613
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:20 am

DANDELIONWINE (122607870) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:

YES, I so agree with you. TIME. Things are too rushed today, it has sucked the enjoyment right out of the game, not to mention stifle a lot of creativity, social interaction, and quality, all now suffering because of this double time pace we're tracking today.

I also miss all the games we used to have in game that fostered interaction with our neighbors beyond just the daily coin run.
And something I know there is no hope of restoring, our companion to the game, Yoville..com, with it's daily missions, prizes, balloon building and splatting, contests and all the function and features that were on that site
You cannot compare the but we have the mobile app now to what was lost from Yoville..com. The mobile app pales in comparison to all the activity. account inventory features, home features and complementary game functions that were on that old site.

This game today still holds memories for us, but it's function and gameplay have been changed, sped up and diminished,

Nostalgia is a strong aphrodisiac, but we do need the gaps between then and now filled back in for the good of long term survival, and for gosh sakes Cut out this new quickened pace

Just sharing some thoughts and feelings....again. I've been feeling and speaking about all this for years, ever since they changed the game October 2015

I agree with what you've said. For me, there is too much, too fast. I used to be able to tell someone what most every item was and what theme. I have no clue anymore and I find myself the last year just using items I have stocked up on and stashed. I take the free homes, but it's been months since I actually paid for one or bought much to decorate. I couldn't even tell you what hairs came out in the last several months. I think I may have bought 2 since last Christmas.
I know some people like the pace, the items, the themes and that's cool, but it makes me less interested if that makes sense.
I feel like I click the right side icons just to get them off my screen anymore. I like some of the deals, but...I have accumulated so much cash, I don't need to buy more to get an item, so I click and forget I might have liked it and move on.
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 11250
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Buttdust (126579776) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:48 am

BykaChic (134177197) wrote:I feel like I click the right side icons just to get them off my screen anymore.

This is me every day. I miss stuff all the time. The only things I even pay attention to are stuff people are either doing when I visit their spaces, things they are wearing, or stuff that gets talked about in here. The spam of 3-5 pop ups every day is white noise to me now. About the only thing I see is "free". LOL

Buttdust (126579776)

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:06 pm

Loobed (126579776) wrote:
BykaChic (134177197) wrote:I feel like I click the right side icons just to get them off my screen anymore.

This is me every day. I miss stuff all the time. The only things I even pay attention to are stuff people are either doing when I visit their spaces, things they are wearing, or stuff that gets talked about in here. The spam of 3-5 pop ups every day is white noise to me now. About the only thing I see is "free". LOL

I also have to say, I'm not in game much in the summer. I'm an outdoor chick and I just can't be inside when it's nice out. I usually log in mid day for about half an hour, then before bed for a short time to do my "chores".
But still, it's just so much, so often for me. Halloween and Christmas are my themes. I'll be on more then. Because I need another HW or XM home to go with the 300 I have. :haha: :drool:
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 11250
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Kat (106520804) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:55 am

Between the rapid fire themes now, the vaulting and the gem events it's too much too fast and just sucked a lot of the fun out of the game for me. I looked forward to getting together with friends and talking about all the new stuff that came out. I woke up early to see what was new on release day. Now there's really no reason for much hanging out and bouncing on bouncy castles, riding in balloons, collecting plushies etc. together. Unless someone has endless hours to sit in the game there's no time. The gem events are a problem for me because I hate decorating a room twice and using all the stuff I buy to decorate a house with to do the gem events and then having to wait for that challenge to end before I can actually use them in a room. By the time I can finally do so I've lost interest. I had no problem with doing them occasionally, and I had no problem with doing daily actions somewhere on the map but the daily challenges for me have just run their course and I do them just for the gems and get the icon off my screen. I no longer have interest in putting forth any effort in them. When they were occasional it was fun to do. Now I just dread decor day challenge day.
They refuse to do anything about our inventories but with all of the junk we have to buy to do the ge's and the vaulting so often, most of our inventories are so bloated it's slowed the game down for a good share of people. I can't tell you all the people that I've been friends with on yo since 2009 that quit playing the game because they said it was just more of a chore now than fun.
I'm not into whimsical or fantasy and since so many of the themes now are geared towards that kind of thing I skip most of them, grab a few things that are versatile enough to use in an actual house and keep trying to organize my inventory which feels like it's become a full time job. Of course when I go to decorate the problem will be finding all of that stuff and moving it back so I can use it.
I also miss yo.com. That feature was so useful. It would help greatly towards the inventory issue because we could easily locate exactly what we need. Having to go through room after room is a royal pain and incredibly time consuming.
With all of the layering issues, scale problems all over the place, and the fact that stuff seldom turns 4 ways anymore it's made decorating a lot more difficult. Things need to turn 4 ways not 2.
Add to all of that the prices have gotten insane and makes me dislike the ge's even more. I hate wasting money on things I don't even like or want. I'd much rather have stuff in the store and be able to buy as I get to a room. Not have to store all this stuff or continue with a bloated inventory.
So I'm with the OP. I miss a LOT of the older features.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 425
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 2638
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Buttdust (126579776) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:04 am

Kat (106520804) wrote:Between the rapid fire themes now, the vaulting and the gem events it's too much too fast and just sucked a lot of the fun out of the game for me. I looked forward to getting together with friends and talking about all the new stuff that came out. I woke up early to see what was new on release day. Now there's really no reason for much hanging out and bouncing on bouncy castles, riding in balloons, collecting plushies etc. together. Unless someone has endless hours to sit in the game there's no time. The gem events are a problem for me because I hate decorating a room twice and using all the stuff I buy to decorate a house with to do the gem events and then having to wait for that challenge to end before I can actually use them in a room. By the time I can finally do so I've lost interest. I had no problem with doing them occasionally, and I had no problem with doing daily actions somewhere on the map but the daily challenges for me have just run their course and I do them just for the gems and get the icon off my screen. I no longer have interest in putting forth any effort in them. When they were occasional it was fun to do. Now I just dread decor day challenge day.
They refuse to do anything about our inventories but with all of the junk we have to buy to do the ge's and the vaulting so often, most of our inventories are so bloated it's slowed the game down for a good share of people. I can't tell you all the people that I've been friends with on yo since 2009 that quit playing the game because they said it was just more of a chore now than fun.
I'm not into whimsical or fantasy and since so many of the themes now are geared towards that kind of thing I skip most of them, grab a few things that are versatile enough to use in an actual house and keep trying to organize my inventory which feels like it's become a full time job. Of course when I go to decorate the problem will be finding all of that stuff and moving it back so I can use it.
I also miss yo.com. That feature was so useful. It would help greatly towards the inventory issue because we could easily locate exactly what we need. Having to go through room after room is a royal pain and incredibly time consuming.
With all of the layering issues, scale problems all over the place, and the fact that stuff seldom turns 4 ways anymore it's made decorating a lot more difficult. Things need to turn 4 ways not 2.
Add to all of that the prices have gotten insane and makes me dislike the ge's even more. I hate wasting money on things I don't even like or want. I'd much rather have stuff in the store and be able to buy as I get to a room. Not have to store all this stuff or continue with a bloated inventory.

You said this better than I ever could. Yo was a better game when we got stuff twice a week and were left to ourselves most of the time. It' still fun, but I have to block out so much of the garbage they throw at us to make it that way. When they do gem events that I don't care about at all, I feel like I got released from a prison work gang. And the vaulting is just ridiculous. I don't even look at it now. If they take away useful toys, then I just won't do projects. And I skip a lot of rooms when I go looking for stuff that isn't there now. I hope the mountains of revenue they are making off of people stockpiling is fun for them. It's wrecking their game and they don't even care.

Buttdust (126579776)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:14 am

Jade (136873125) wrote:

That!! ^^^^ :thumbsup: :drink: :trophy:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 24535
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:17 am

DANDELIONWINE (122607870) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:

all that ^^^^ :thumbsup: :drink: :trophy:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:23 am

BykaChic (134177197) wrote:
I agree with what you've said. For me, there is too much, too fast. I used to be able to tell someone what most every item was and what theme. I have no clue anymore and I find myself the last year just using items I have stocked up on and stashed. I take the free homes, but it's been months since I actually paid for one or bought much to decorate. I couldn't even tell you what hairs came out in the last several months. I think I may have bought 2 since last Christmas.
I know some people like the pace, the items, the themes and that's cool, but it makes me less interested if that makes sense.
I feel like I click the right side icons just to get them off my screen anymore. I like some of the deals, but...I have accumulated so much cash, I don't need to buy more to get an item, so I click and forget I might have liked it and move on.

exactly how i feel! and i too used to know basically all the items, hairs, etc. for every theme. now i don't follow any of the current themes and quit the GE's so i only know it's a new theme if someone mentions it... or i see the banner in here change, or the new home pop-up as i click them off my screen. it all makes me less interested too so i get exactly how you feel :thumbsup: :drink:

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:38 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:You said this better than I ever could. Yo was a better game when we got stuff twice a week and were left to ourselves most of the time. It' still fun, but I have to block out so much of the garbage they throw at us to make it that way. When they do gem events that I don't care about at all, I feel like I got released from a prison work gang. And the vaulting is just ridiculous. I don't even look at it now. If they take away useful toys, then I just won't do projects. And I skip a lot of rooms when I go looking for stuff that isn't there now. I hope the mountains of revenue they are making off of people stockpiling is fun for them. It's wrecking their game and they don't even care.

Kat (106520804) wrote:Between the rapid fire themes now, the vaulting and the gem events it's too much too fast and just sucked a lot of the fun out of the game for me. I looked forward to getting together with friends and talking about all the new stuff that came out. I woke up early to see what was new on release day. Now there's really no reason for much hanging out and bouncing on bouncy castles, riding in balloons, collecting plushies etc. together. Unless someone has endless hours to sit in the game there's no time. The gem events are a problem for me because I hate decorating a room twice and using all the stuff I buy to decorate a house with to do the gem events and then having to wait for that challenge to end before I can actually use them in a room. By the time I can finally do so I've lost interest. I had no problem with doing them occasionally, and I had no problem with doing daily actions somewhere on the map but the daily challenges for me have just run their course and I do them just for the gems and get the icon off my screen. I no longer have interest in putting forth any effort in them. When they were occasional it was fun to do. Now I just dread decor day challenge day.

100% agree with you both! :thumbsup: :drink: :trophy: all the fun has been sucked out and they clearly don't care. i quit the GE's and only do the hang-outs to get the damn red gem off my screen. the GEs have run their course and all i see is so many people complaining they can't decorate for them cos of lag issues and freezing and not being able to submit... or grey screen and losing all they've done. everything did become a chore and no fun anymore so i've backed off more n more from the game. even the vaulting... i used to stock up loads but im now at the stage where enough is enough and im being really picky. im just mainly going to check the clothing stuff as so many great old clothing items i didn't have which are cheap coins and so much better than current items. and agree, they don't seem to want to do anything with our inventories, to make improvements with the lag and having 1000's of items. all i see now is people quitting or spending so much less time on the game. they just don't have the time for it anymore because to play properly now you would need to spend hours on there

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Kat (106520804) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:00 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:

You said this better than I ever could. Yo was a better game when we got stuff twice a week and were left to ourselves most of the time. It' still fun, but I have to block out so much of the garbage they throw at us to make it that way. When they do gem events that I don't care about at all, I feel like I got released from a prison work gang. And the vaulting is just ridiculous. I don't even look at it now. If they take away useful toys, then I just won't do projects. And I skip a lot of rooms when I go looking for stuff that isn't there now. I hope the mountains of revenue they are making off of people stockpiling is fun for them. It's wrecking their game and they don't even care.

I know the game has changed drastically and if the changes were positive changes I'd have no problem. It's not the change itself, it's the fact that it's not a change for the better. I still can enjoy the game with what I have and never have to buy anything again I have so much stuff to decorate with. I'm more concerned with the exodus of friends leaving the game because they just don't like all the drastic changes. it's really not easy to decorate anymore, they put less and less in the stores to buy, they are getting rid of all the old good stuff and replacing it with nothing cohesive and as I said doesn't turn 4 ways like the old stuff. That to me is a big deal. As a friend recently said to me when we were chatting, it's like going to the store and it's just stuff now, items. Not stuff that really fits together, we seldom get the little things, the details we need to make a house a home, they are concentrating more and more on just the exteriors and a bunch of what amounts to avenues instead of rooms.
I try to place stuff on a table and we can get stuff on about a third and the rest goes under the tables. I don't have that issue with zynga tables. It's incredibly frustrating and instead of fixing problems, and improving playability of the game, they keep putting all their efforts into cash grabs and items. I don't need everything to be interactive, that was only fun when it was a social game and you hung out a lot with friends. So I'd rather have stuff that's static and turns four ways, is good quality and layers well and the scale is right. Scale might not bother a lot of people but I work in scale miniatures so it drives me crazy to have items sized all over the place.
In any case I'll worry about spending more when the quality of the game improves.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 425
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 2638
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:05 pm

Kat (106520804) wrote:
I know the game has changed drastically and if the changes were positive changes I'd have no problem. It's not the change itself, it's the fact that it's not a change for the better. I still can enjoy the game with what I have and never have to buy anything again I have so much stuff to decorate with. I'm more concerned with the exodus of friends leaving the game because they just don't like all the drastic changes. it's really not easy to decorate anymore, they put less and less in the stores to buy, they are getting rid of all the old good stuff and replacing it with nothing cohesive and as I said doesn't turn 4 ways like the old stuff. That to me is a big deal. As a friend recently said to me when we were chatting, it's like going to the store and it's just stuff now, items. Not stuff that really fits together, we seldom get the little things, the details we need to make a house a home, they are concentrating more and more on just the exteriors and a bunch of what amounts to avenues instead of rooms.
I try to place stuff on a table and we can get stuff on about a third and the rest goes under the tables. I don't have that issue with zynga tables. It's incredibly frustrating and instead of fixing problems, and improving playability of the game, they keep putting all their efforts into cash grabs and items. I don't need everything to be interactive, that was only fun when it was a social game and you hung out a lot with friends. So I'd rather have stuff that's static and turns four ways, is good quality and layers well and the scale is right. Scale might not bother a lot of people but I work in scale miniatures so it drives me crazy to have items sized all over the place.
In any case I'll worry about spending more when the quality of the game improves.

:star: BOOM :star: 100% agree :thumbsup: :drink: :trophy:

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Fancy Nancy (103012635) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:16 am

Can I just say "ditto" to everyone's comments??!! I have so much to say I could write a book... More quality, less quantity. More time to actually play. Affordable merch. Improved gameplay including loading, inventory search... Most of these companies just look at bottom line instead of why players leave. We know they need to make money, but the price of playing if you want the "fun stuff" (or even basic furniture items) has gone up significantly. I'm still thankful BVG saved the game, but at what cost?

:?: :sad:

Fancy Nancy (103012635)
YoWorld Level: 371
YoWorld Start Date: May 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 82
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby xXMissMonroeXx (136970433) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:05 pm

Oh so do I. :wailing: :wailing: :wailing:

xXMissMonroeXx (136970433)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 4658
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions