"People Are Getting That.......

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

"People Are Getting That.......

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:27 am

.....price for it". I cannot tell you the number of players who have used this phrase to try to get more coins out of their sale, or less coins from their attempt to buy. I'm usually pretty nice when responding, but the shark inside of me wants to tell them these things.........

1. If everyone jumped off a cliff, why should I do it too?
2. There's a difference between "wishing" and "getting".
3. That may be true, but they don't have my coins.
4. Mr. Rourke no longer works on Fantasy Island.
5. You'll now get half of my offer or I'm outta here/You'll now pay twice what I asked or you can leave.
6. Did you wrongly assume I was 13 years old?
7. Let's go find these "people" and do the deal with them.

:haha: :haha:

I think the golden rule for men should be - Don't say anything to a woman on the street that you wouldn't want a man to say to you in prison. - Peter White
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 441
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 51088
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Re: "People Are Getting That.......

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:51 am

Oh geez. That first one for sure. All are spot on, but yeah, if some dumb cluck pays 150m for a daffodil, does that mean I must now too? How about 50k? That's my offer...
:angel:
I find it very very easy to be true…

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 17655
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby DANDELIONWINE (122607870) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:54 am

Not everyone enjoys the 'thrill' of bartering. It's not a sport of choice for all
I personally find it offensive and distasteful, and always have
I hate it so much that in rl on vacation to foreign markets, I won't buy anyone's merchandise unless I like their initial asking price. No game playing or head trips for me, I prefer honesty fairness and kindness.
I hate bartering, and won't be forced to do it. I feel much more comfortable just walking away....

Price things fairly, and they will come.
ImageImageImageImageImage
♫ All you need is Love ♫
♫ Love is all you need ♫

DANDELIONWINE (122607870)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 6929
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby CountryDude89 (11877186) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:59 am

You mean you don't like having to offer a virgin sacrifice, using an ouija board to contact your long lost ancestors, dark magic to summon satan while squeezing the magical goat testicles just to sell a bargin bin item in a dark alley?

There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying.
-Josh Billings
CountryDude89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 22511
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:07 pm

DANDELIONWINE (122607870) wrote:Not everyone enjoys the 'thrill' of bartering. It's not a sport of choice for all
I hate it so much that in rl on vacation to foreign markets, I won't buy anyone's merchandise unless I like their initial asking price. No game playing or head trips for me, I prefer honesty fairness and kindness.
I hate bartering, and won't be forced to do it. I feel much more comfortable just walking away....

I don't mind people fishing for suckers. Lawd knows I've been one at times for stuff I want. But I don't like it when they try Jedi mind tricks and are therefore assuming I'm a simpleton. Most are just repeating what they've tried that's worked on others, or else they haven't been pushed like I push and are scrambling for threads to help them.

The barter game is fun for me, but I do understand how it can bother most - thus the popularity of the AH. The unwashed masses rarely bathe now, much less have the decency to be kind. But every once in a while I meet that one Yo who makes all the sale hopping worth it. Most of my long term buds I've met through sales. Good times.....

:)

I think the golden rule for men should be - Don't say anything to a woman on the street that you wouldn't want a man to say to you in prison. - Peter White
Rod (126579776)

Postby Dana (129173078) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:52 pm

DANDELIONWINE (122607870) wrote:Not everyone enjoys the 'thrill' of bartering. It's not a sport of choice for all

I encourage you to read up on the concept of ethnocentrism.
Dana (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 14193
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby DANDELIONWINE (122607870) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Dana (129173078) wrote:

I already know what activities I enjoy and those I don't like....I don't need an education on my likes/dislikes, thanks.
If there was more peace love and brotherhood, what a wonderful world this would be.
Greed is the downfall of much.
ImageImageImageImageImage
♫ All you need is Love ♫
♫ Love is all you need ♫

DANDELIONWINE (122607870)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 6929
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Psycho Sweet (173458598) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:20 pm

DANDELIONWINE (122607870) wrote:
Dana (129173078) wrote:

I already know what activities I enjoy and those I don't like....I don't need an education on my likes/dislikes, thanks.
If there was more peace love and brotherhood, what a wonderful world this would be.

I'm pretty sure she said because of your statement regarding how you feel in rl vacations when you go to markets.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚:* ✧・゚:* ZuZu *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h83633822

Psycho Sweet (173458598)
YoWorld Level: 110
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 18, 2011

Forum Posts: 959
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:44 pm

PsychoSweet (173458598) wrote:
Dana (129173078) wrote:

I'm pretty sure she said because of your statement regarding how you feel in rl vacations when you go to markets.

I think she said she goes to markets, she just doesn't want to haggle there. It's understandable, as many markets are generally very aggressive in what they do to tourists - in the states as well. I understand when its a cultural thing, but there's a line too many people cross when they are told "no thank you". And it has nothing to do with culture, and everything to do with respecting others. *considers adding a rant about robocallers* LOL

Rod (126579776)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:08 pm

Dana (129173078) wrote:

I don't think Dana was trying to "educate" you on your likes or dislikes. I think it is your use of the word "foreign" that made her think it had something to do with ethnocentrism.
“She had a new bracelet on, stacked with emeralds brighter than her eyes. I hate rich people.”

― Helen Oyeyemi, The Icarus Girl

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 422
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 22889

Postby CountryDude89 (11877186) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:23 pm

There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying.
-Josh Billings
CountryDude89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 22511

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:49 pm

I'm the same way, I don't like to barter at all. My first trip to New York was a weird experience with the street vendors. They'd tell me a price and I'd walk away with a no thanks and they'd chase me down with a lower price that was still more than I was willing to pay so they'd lower the price again, but by then the fear I might be buying something that was stolen or just plain too cheap to be worth any money crept in. Never asked for a price on anything on the street again. .

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 373
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 27846
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:55 pm

Cootiez (126579776) wrote:
Dana (129173078) wrote:

I think she said she goes to markets, she just doesn't want to haggle there. It's understandable, as many markets are generally very aggressive in what they do to tourists - in the states as well. I understand when its a cultural thing, but there's a line too many people cross when they are told "no thank you". And it has nothing to do with culture, and everything to do with respecting others. *considers adding a rant about robocallers* LOL

The people selling phone or internet services inside of other stores are just horrible... I've gotten to the point that I'm just plain rude to them because I'm tired of being chased by salespeople after I've already told them I don't want a new phone and I don't want their service. Yesterday the same guy that has chased me down on 3 different occasions at the wholesale club I shop at came at me again. .

"No" means get more aggressive to those people.. :dizzy:

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby XxBlingBLUNGxX (5112507) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:06 pm

“Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.”
“Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.”
“Greed is right.”

(Gordon Gekko)

XxBlingBLUNGxX (5112507)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 1603
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Cookie Monster (4327680) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:50 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Dana (129173078) wrote:

The people selling phone or internet services inside of other stores are just horrible... I've gotten to the point that I'm just plain rude to them because I'm tired of being chased by salespeople after I've already told them I don't want a new phone and I don't want their service. Yesterday the same guy that has chased me down on 3 different occasions at the wholesale club I shop at came at me again. .

I've never experienced it worse than in Labadee, part of Haiti owned by Royal Caribbean. Not only are the people super aggressive, literally grabbing your limbs and clothing to prevent you from leaving, but it's also unsettling seeing Haitian soldiers standing guard every twenty feet with machine guns.
If anything I say could be taken "the wrong way", I meant it the other way.

Running Wishlist | Wishlists by Theme
Please share your wishes! I like to only gift what I know people want.

Cookie Monster (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 8415
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Flatch Ulater (13247207) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:52 pm

Cookie Monster (4327680) wrote:I've never experienced it worse than in Labadee, part of Haiti owned by Royal Caribbean. Not only are the people super aggressive, literally grabbing your limbs and clothing to prevent you from leaving, but it's also unsettling seeing Haitian soldiers standing guard every twenty feet with machine guns.

Sounds like Saturday Supper at my place :haha: :silly:
You can't always be an untangled rope.. sometimes you have to be knotty

You're a fart smeller .... I mean smart feller
Flatch Ulater (13247207)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 2954
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:21 pm

Flatch Ulater (13247207) wrote:
Cookie Monster (4327680) wrote:I've never experienced it worse than in Labadee, part of Haiti owned by Royal Caribbean. Not only are the people super aggressive, literally grabbing your limbs and clothing to prevent you from leaving, but it's also unsettling seeing Haitian soldiers standing guard every twenty feet with machine guns.

Sounds like Saturday Supper at my place :haha: :silly:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :party:
I find it very very easy to be true…

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 17655
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:05 pm

Cootiez (126579776) wrote:.....price for it". I cannot tell you the number of players who have used this phrase to try to get more coins out of their sale, or less coins from their attempt to buy. I'm usually pretty nice when responding, but the shark inside of me wants to tell them these things.........

1. If everyone jumped off a cliff, why should I do it too?

:haha: :haha:

You knew my Mom, didn't you? :haha:

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 3896
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 am

Cookie Monster (4327680) wrote:
Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Dana (129173078) wrote:

I've never experienced it worse than in Labadee, part of Haiti owned by Royal Caribbean. Not only are the people super aggressive, literally grabbing your limbs and clothing to prevent you from leaving, but it's also unsettling seeing Haitian soldiers standing guard every twenty feet with machine guns.

Holy crap, that does sound menacing... :shocked:

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby Vanessa (185747144) » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:56 am

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:The people selling phone or internet services inside of other stores are just horrible... I've gotten to the point that I'm just plain rude to them because I'm tired of being chased by salespeople after I've already told them I don't want a new phone and I don't want their service. Yesterday the same guy that has chased me down on 3 different occasions at the wholesale club I shop at came at me again. .

Lord have mercy, the snipers in Sam's Club. :shocked:
Once on a very busy day at Sam's Club I was caught by an AT&T sniper, we needed new phones so we stopped to listen. She was a young smooth talker and after we were already into a transaction of buying new phones and service she tells us she's training and the person that's there to "oversee/supervise" was taking a break. Lol So, we get home and I look into the 25-page contract and am like, "what the hell is this?" The price in the contract for monthly service was almost $65 more than what she quoted with the new phone purchase. I went right back to Sam's club to cancel the order, she was ignorant and didn't know what to do... her supervisor was then back and took control of the situation. After that I had to go to a brick-and-mortar AT&T location for additional assistance and vowed I would never again let myself be caught by a vendor sniper anywhere. I will walk the long way around the store just to avoid these people, AT&T, Spectrum, the person wanting us to switch to a different electric provider, the person selling windows and garage doors, the person selling little bags of gourmet popcorn they think is worth $20+, the person selling expensive curling brushes, the person giving away a free paring knife if you listen to his speech about whatever it is he's trying to sell, the person selling way too expensive face cream, etc. These people can be very pushy and the up-selling/cross-selling makes it more annoying. My local Sam's warehouse has moved AT&T away from the front door, maybe they read my nasty complaint about pushy vendors inside a store that I've come to to buy chewing gum and toilet paper.
:haha:
Vanessa (185747144)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: May 20, 2014

Forum Posts: 1369
Forum Title: YoFollower

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions