Bought New Home, Already Disappointed

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Bought New Home, Already Disappointed

Postby XxSavageLovexX (12314099) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:41 pm

Okay, I thought I could like this theme. Bought the house, and already ran into the color OCD issue I have had with BVG in the past. The colors in this theme are actually great. They don't seem drab like the burnt orange, off navy blue, weird green... but now... It's the matching furniture. In this new theme we have lilac, dark brown, brown, white, black, and periwinkle. The issue I'm having is not all items have things that match if you want to go with black... Like the sofas. They will match with everything but black. I can't put black with brown.. dark brown, or lilac. I've tried and it just looks goofy. The hallway benches come in all colors... why don't the sofas? :eh:

XxSavageLovexX (12314099)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 2221
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: Bought New Home, Already Disappointed

Postby Diamond (169681585) » Sat May 21, 2022 6:14 pm

I hate the lackluster decor colors when they come out. They do the same thing changing hair colors around and layering is hard. I really hate that drab burnt orange. I hate lilac. idk what they are doing I skipped and only buy old houses really. They didn't even give this one a discount. The last few had no discount. Pass. AA2021 could have been a lot better and I buy it if the pallet didn't suck. That one rare hair today is off too with what they did with the coloring. I think it's some faster way to crank out items mixed with motivation to attain only one of the two rare hairs on the hair issue and all items being cranked out with some kinda color program. Things didn't look like this prior to 2017 and in 2019 it went way down hill. Notice dc items and such they spend time on don't look like that but they screw those up in other ways so whatever.

Diamond (169681585)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 07, 2010

Forum Posts: 2046
Location: A hot mess, watching the movie Tangerine & eating burn popcorn, what else?

Postby XxSavageLovexX (12314099) » Sat May 21, 2022 11:41 pm

Diamond (169681585) wrote:I hate the lackluster decor colors when they come out. They do the same thing changing hair colors around and layering is hard. I really hate that drab burnt orange. I hate lilac. idk what they are doing I skipped and only buy old houses really. They didn't even give this one a discount. The last few had no discount. Pass. AA2021 could have been a lot better and I buy it if the pallet didn't suck. That one rare hair today is off too with what they did with the coloring. I think it's some faster way to crank out items mixed with motivation to attain only one of the two rare hairs on the hair issue and all items being cranked out with some kinda color program. Things didn't look like this prior to 2017 and in 2019 it went way down hill. Notice dc items and such they spend time on don't look like that but they screw those up in other ways so whatever.

I really liked items when BVG first took over. Things looked clean (not blurry).. and the color pallet they use now :grr I've bought some items to replish my coins, but have yet to keep much of anything for myself. Starting to question my return to be honest. It's like they have completely given up on detail. Themes don't really flow cohesively. Items even within a room category make me shake my head most times. Sure, they have had some decent ones since I've been gone when it comes to detail, but usually when they are well detailed they don't have enough items within the theme to even really decorate a cash house. At that point may as well make your own room on a coin avenue. So frustrating. Looks like this new house will sit empty. I'm not going to buy or spend anymore yocash at this point. Not until I feel 'wow'ed' I really wanted to like this theme. I'm typically one who doesn't have a particular style I like... long as it is cohesive and attention to detail are really thought out. :sad:

XxSavageLovexX (12314099)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 2221

Postby DANDELIONWINE (122607870) » Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 am

My disappointment lies with the layering.
The layering changes after you save your room!!
Is so frustrating to spend time designing a room layout, and getting it just right, but when you hit save, things that layered in front in edit mode now appear behind

In edit mode-pillars layer in front

BUT

After saving the room-pillars layered behind

Going back into edit mode to try to fix it again shows the pillars layering in front!! So you can't even attempt to fix the problem!
My solution was to just remove them.
This issue is happening all the time, not just with this house.....happens with gem entry rooms too.
I wish they'd check their work better so we didn't have to deal with issues like this-but they're more interested in quickening the pace even faster than it is, leaving less time for checking.
It all makes my eyes cross
ImageImageImageImageImage
♫ All you need is Love ♫
♫ Love is all you need ♫

DANDELIONWINE (122607870)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 6820
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby CelticMyst (119751720) » Sun May 22, 2022 12:35 pm

DANDELIONWINE (122607870) wrote:My disappointment lies with the layering.
The layering changes after you save your room!!
Is so frustrating to spend time designing a room layout, and getting it just right, but when you hit save, things that layered in front in edit mode now appear behind

In edit mode-pillars layer in front

BUT

After saving the room-pillars layered behind

Going back into edit mode to try to fix it again shows the pillars layering in front!! So you can't even attempt to fix the problem!
My solution was to just remove them.
This issue is happening all the time, not just with this house.....happens with gem entry rooms too.
I wish they'd check their work better so we didn't have to deal with issues like this-but they're more interested in quickening the pace even faster than it is, leaving less time for checking.
It all makes my eyes cross

Hi Dandi! :hug: Ive been looking over your two SS's. And I do like the one after u hit saved. It shows the tree branches in front of the pillar. The one in edit shows the branches hidden behind the pillar, cut off actually. If the tree is giving you problems and want the branches to hide behind the pillar, I would try moving the purple tree back a bit and see if it goes behind your pillar like you wanted?? :eh: :D :hug:

CelticMyst (119751720)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 7416

Postby DANDELIONWINE (122607870) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:13 pm

CelticMyst (119751720) wrote:
Hi Dandi! :hug: Ive been looking over your two SS's. And I do like the one after u hit saved. It shows the tree branches in front of the pillar. The one in edit shows the branches hidden behind the pillar, cut off actually. If the tree is giving you problems and want the branches to hide behind the pillar, I would try moving the purple tree back a bit and see if it goes behind your pillar like you wanted?? :eh: :D :hug:

The Pillar's in the screen shot giving me the biggest problem are the ones closer to the front behind the gate located near the center of the screen at the driveway's end......
give another look and you will see the problem....it's pretty blaring. I can live with the obscured trees...it's just the branch tips affected...but the gate is layered so profoundly differently I couldn't live with.
Thanks for the advice-I really admire your decorating!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
♫ All you need is Love ♫
♫ Love is all you need ♫

DANDELIONWINE (122607870)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 6820

Postby CelticMyst (119751720) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:53 pm

DANDELIONWINE (122607870) wrote:
CelticMyst (119751720) wrote:

The Pillar's in the screen shot giving me the biggest problem are the ones closer to the front behind the gate located near the center of the screen at the driveway's end......
give another look and you will see the problem....it's pretty blaring. I can live with the obscured trees...it's just the branch tips affected...but the gate is layered so profoundly differently I couldn't live with.
Thanks for the advice-I really admire your decorating!!

Ty Dandi for the sweet compliment. I'd love to do more decorating if i only had the time.. :phew: :hug:
TY for pointing it out to me.. lol.. I didnt even look at the front gate as what i focused on were the dang trees! :haha: But your right... I cant 'unsee' it now.... :phew: Layering has been an awful job for decorators with these kind of issues. :sad:
You are the Queen of my Fantasy Room ideas Dandi... I just love your imagination and have always enjoyed checking out your posts of SS's. ... and your Avi outfits... :heart: :thumbsup: Always a fav theme of mine...
:hug:

CelticMyst (119751720)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 7416

Return to YoWorld Discussions