[CONTEST]Design Contest - ALL LEVELS! VOTE HERE

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [CONTEST]Design Contest - ALL LEVELS! VOTE HERE

Postby Tiff (7426240) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Anyone have pictures of the finalists they can post?
Tiff (7426240)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 13, 2009

Forum Posts: 5235
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Cheeya (2730905) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:43 pm

maybe the designs that danika quoted were too much for bvg?? only 2 of them were in the finals?? sunflower one and pierres beach guy?...idk... im just lost lol
Must be love on the brain, that's got me feeling this way..
TVDFOREVER {DAMON SALVATORE} #THEORIGINALSFOREVER{ELIJAH & NIKLAUS MIKAELSON
<--Globe: Modern farmhouse unfnished Home away from home

Cheeya (2730905)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2008

Forum Posts: 3434
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Tiff (7426240) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Cheeya (2730905) wrote:maybe the designs that danika quoted were too much for bvg?? only 2 of them were in the finals?? sunflower one and pierres beach guy?...idk... im just lost lol

One of the vikings said they gave up room of the artisans to make room for the innovators and apprentice categories. There were 4 less finalists for the artisans. I'm sure they will adjust it for the next dc challenge seeing all the feedback. :D They basically made the dc challenge bigger by adding the 2 other levels, but it took from the artisan level.
Tiff (7426240)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Congrats to all who won. :)

I have to be honest though about how I feel after seeing how this played out. I do not like how outfits are broken apart now for the sake of having more winners. When I see a design I like, I want to vote on the WHOLE package. I don't want to vote for something that looks amazing with a face or hair or handheld and then those items not even make it into the voting. To be honest this puts me off. For this reason, I have no desire at all to purchase any of the stuff that won. It feels like a bunch of random items instead of complete looks and that is disappointing to me as I had been excited about several things submitted.
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 13302
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Tiff (7426240) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:50 pm

To all the Innovators! You all did an awesome job! Finalist or not! It takes talent and skill to draw something and I'm glad you were included in the contest! :heart: I hope you all continue to draw and enter the dc challenges!
Tiff (7426240)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:Congrats to all who won. :)

I have to be honest though about how I feel after seeing how this played out. I do not like how outfits are broken apart now for the sake of having more winners. When I see a design I like, I want to vote on the WHOLE package. I don't want to vote for something that looks amazing with a face or hair or handheld and then those items not even make it into the voting. To be honest this puts me off. For this reason, I have no desire at all to purchase any of the stuff that won. It feels like a bunch of random items instead of complete looks and that is disappointing to me as I had been excited about several things submitted.

:thumbsup:

I used to like to make an outfit slot for each winner... now there's no reason to make a half empty avatar slot.

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 24027
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:53 pm

I'm like Veruca Salt when it comes to the design contests... I want them all!! :haha:

StephMarie (129969826)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3525

Postby Cheeya (2730905) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Tiff (7426240) wrote:
Cheeya (2730905) wrote:maybe the designs that danika quoted were too much for bvg?? only 2 of them were in the finals?? sunflower one and pierres beach guy?...idk... im just lost lol

One of the vikings said they gave up room of the artisans to make room for the innovators and apprentice categories. There were 4 less finalists for the artisans. I'm sure they will adjust it for the next dc challenge seeing all the feedback. :D They basically made the dc challenge bigger by adding the 2 other levels, but it took from the artisan level.

okkk tiff but im hurt lol, i have no problem with the other 2 levels but dont take away from yall in the artisan level man. i literally would sell my yo-soul and buy every design that danika quoted lol :wailing: :wailing: :wailing: :sad:
Must be love on the brain, that's got me feeling this way..
TVDFOREVER {DAMON SALVATORE} #THEORIGINALSFOREVER{ELIJAH & NIKLAUS MIKAELSON
<--Globe: Modern farmhouse unfnished Home away from home

Cheeya (2730905)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2008

Forum Posts: 3434

Postby AlyssaRose (185638698) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:12 pm

i agree that the innovators should be included because they are drawing and creating looks for the game, i do agree with tiff though that there might need to be a prize difference between them and the artisans (just my opinion).

my other feedback would include that i am not a fan of the apprentice level. people who spend time drawing and designing and learning programs have a fewer amount of entries now because people can submit a photo and have it turned into an item in game.

there are other ways for this to happen, such as the power that one person received from the viking storyline to create any item. there can also be feedback surveys on themes for people to submit photo ideas. isn’t there a new thread for what people want to see in halloween/fall?

anyway, that’s where i believe photo submissions should be. i don’t consider them a design and i don’t think it’s fair that you can find a picture off pinterest, submit it here and have people vote on it (because there’s a whole category for it) and have it in game. that’s not a design contest to me, and i personally would not want to see it again.

i think the design contest should be split between innovators and artisans, with artisans having a few more winners because of just how many entries there were. there weren’t a ton of people designing in the innovator category (not as many as the artisan level), so i believe finalists and winners should be reflected as such.

also special shoutout to taffywrap and tipsyturvy for their designs in the finalists!! taffy, your outfit is incredible and i was so happy to see it in voting. and tipsy killed it in this design contest! of course, everyone did amazing though. also congrats to all of the new designers in the innovator level who made it to finalists! keep designing guys <3

edit: forgot to mention, can we please have more design contests?? forumers and yo’s all throughout the game always look forward to them and they ALWAYS do well with people buying them. i think a lot of people would agree with me on that lol

AlyssaRose (185638698)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 07, 2014

Forum Posts: 2690
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 pm

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:
DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) wrote:
Maninblack (181438410) wrote:
Tiff (7426240) wrote:
TexanSouthern (103681266) wrote:Sorry IDK who's this is
But I wish this one made finals. I wanted the pastel hair :drool:
Congrats designers!

Yes! I believe that is Korab's. It's amazing!! I so wish they would have picked it for us to vote on! I've been wanting that hair for a couple years now! Hopefully Korab will keep entering it!!

"It's Korab's and it's amazing. As were all the artisan entries. So many were amazing.

I agree with all of the feedback and I feel a lot of your frustrations. I too wanted many of the Beloved outfits you all mentioned.

TBH-I was shocked when one of my entries; an entry that I will openly admit I messed up as you can see in the original entry my comment was picked. But, I am also humbled. No, for me, it is not a quick doodle. I actually take time to draw my drawings, hand detail little features like some of my other entries, I take time to visualize and then design. While I am not as talented on the computer as say Tiff, Ken Jeyz, Cam, Korab, or Even Polygon Pervert, I am unique in my own way.

I understand, and totally empathize with you. I understand where everyone is coming from. I totally do.

I am just honored and flattered to even be considered as a finalist as I didn't think mine were even good enough to be considered.

But, on another note, the up and coming Hand Drawn artists tried and please put yourself into their shoes. They submitted works of their own and I applaud all of the finalists in that division for taking a chance to dip their toes into the water.

Again, I totally understand and it's relatable your frustration. When I saw some of the voting things I hoped to get all the pieces that went along with those outfits. You're right. And the males, I feel for them too. Truthfully, I have issues trying to do male clothing which is why I did not submit any male items.

:heart: With love and understanding from my heart as I am empathetic to everyone,

Angelic Rose."

-ETA-That came directly from my mom as she didn't even want to post that here as she feels saddened that so many of her favorite designers outfits didn't make the cut.

My mom asked me to post the quoted words and her statement. She feels sad for the other designers as do I. I am angry that my favorite designs did not make the cut. I feel upset for all of the designers, but it's my two cents. Again, I posted my mom's words because she asked me too, so those above me are her words, but she's too shy now to post anything else as her feelings were hurt.

Thank you for posting Angelic's words for all - I don't know if people are realizing just how hurtful their words are to those of us who put ourselves out there, knowing that we are not "The" Designers they are used to seeing. This is also going to be my last comment, I'm no longer going to read this thread or any thread relating to the design contest as I'm saddened by the overall attitude that if your name is not Cam or KenJeyz or Tiff (etc) than you are not a designer.

Ciao

Hey just wanted to say that its great to see new desginers out there trying to work upto the top, Also wanted to say that yes the same people may keep winning because there desgins are good and people are getting used to those people and voting for them But people should not be really put other new desginers down because they doodle there entry or do anything eles its disrespectful. Yes everyone is allowed feedback but people cant expect same people to win all the time and that why we should be showing surrport to new desginers by giving them good feedback and how they can inprove!

i think the doodle was ment for the added pictures that were submitted not for the ppl that actually created their own stuff, that's at least how i took it when i read it. I hope Maninblack doesn't give up, because i see lots of talent in what was submitted :hug:
I think people were upset because the Artisan should have been the bigger part of this contest and it felt like it was treated like the rest artisan is where the most work was put into since people made full outfits and things.
Last edited by xNVx (129595882) on Fri May 22, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks
You Mad Bro?

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82670578
xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 4385
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Tiff (7426240) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Cheeya (2730905) wrote:
Tiff (7426240) wrote:

okkk tiff but im hurt lol, i have no problem with the other 2 levels but dont take away from yall in the artisan level man. i literally would sell my yo-soul and buy every design that danika quoted lol :wailing: :wailing: :wailing: :sad:

I agree, they shouldn't take away from the artisan group. :hug:
Tiff (7426240)

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:38 pm

ugh here are my favorites :wailing: :drool:

Danika (11152984) wrote:Here's a list of complete outfits that we'd DIE to own in game ( I so apologize if I missed somebody):

You Mad Bro?

xNVx (129595882)

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:43 pm

xNVx (129595882) wrote:ugh here are my favorites :wailing: :drool:

Imagine how much money they would make if they just put them all in the store. I'd break the bank for that kind of release. :drool:

StephMarie (129969826)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3525

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:48 pm

xNVx (129595882) wrote:
XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:
DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) wrote:
Maninblack (181438410) wrote:
Tiff (7426240) wrote:
TexanSouthern (103681266) wrote:Sorry IDK who's this is
But I wish this one made finals. I wanted the pastel hair :drool:
Congrats designers!

Yes! I believe that is Korab's. It's amazing!! I so wish they would have picked it for us to vote on! I've been wanting that hair for a couple years now! Hopefully Korab will keep entering it!!

"It's Korab's and it's amazing. As were all the artisan entries. So many were amazing.

I agree with all of the feedback and I feel a lot of your frustrations. I too wanted many of the Beloved outfits you all mentioned.

TBH-I was shocked when one of my entries; an entry that I will openly admit I messed up as you can see in the original entry my comment was picked. But, I am also humbled. No, for me, it is not a quick doodle. I actually take time to draw my drawings, hand detail little features like some of my other entries, I take time to visualize and then design. While I am not as talented on the computer as say Tiff, Ken Jeyz, Cam, Korab, or Even Polygon Pervert, I am unique in my own way.

I understand, and totally empathize with you. I understand where everyone is coming from. I totally do.

I am just honored and flattered to even be considered as a finalist as I didn't think mine were even good enough to be considered.

But, on another note, the up and coming Hand Drawn artists tried and please put yourself into their shoes. They submitted works of their own and I applaud all of the finalists in that division for taking a chance to dip their toes into the water.

Again, I totally understand and it's relatable your frustration. When I saw some of the voting things I hoped to get all the pieces that went along with those outfits. You're right. And the males, I feel for them too. Truthfully, I have issues trying to do male clothing which is why I did not submit any male items.

:heart: With love and understanding from my heart as I am empathetic to everyone,

Angelic Rose."

-ETA-That came directly from my mom as she didn't even want to post that here as she feels saddened that so many of her favorite designers outfits didn't make the cut.

My mom asked me to post the quoted words and her statement. She feels sad for the other designers as do I. I am angry that my favorite designs did not make the cut. I feel upset for all of the designers, but it's my two cents. Again, I posted my mom's words because she asked me too, so those above me are her words, but she's too shy now to post anything else as her feelings were hurt.

Thank you for posting Angelic's words for all - I don't know if people are realizing just how hurtful their words are to those of us who put ourselves out there, knowing that we are not "The" Designers they are used to seeing. This is also going to be my last comment, I'm no longer going to read this thread or any thread relating to the design contest as I'm saddened by the overall attitude that if your name is not Cam or KenJeyz or Tiff (etc) than you are not a designer.

Ciao

Hey just wanted to say that its great to see new desginers out there trying to work upto the top, Also wanted to say that yes the same people may keep winning because there desgins are good and people are getting used to those people and voting for them But people should not be really put other new desginers down because they doodle there entry or do anything eles its disrespectful. Yes everyone is allowed feedback but people cant expect same people to win all the time and that why we should be showing surrport to new desginers by giving them good feedback and how they can inprove!

i think the doodle was ment for the added pictures that were submitted not for the ppl that actually created their own stuff, that's at least how i took it when i read it. I hope Maninblack doesn't give up, because i see lots of talent in what was submitted :hug:
I think people were upset because the Artisan should have been the bigger part of this contest and it felt like it was treated like the rest artisan is where the most work was put into since people made full outfits and things.

Thank you for the kind words but he was actually quoting me on a statement that I wanted to say, he’s my real life son. The innovator section was the hand drawn or any entry not using the vector or Inkscape type program. I’m sad as are all of you that a lot of my friends designs didn’t get into finalists. But I also offer congratulations to all who did.

Angelic Rose (107404295)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 12926
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby LiL MaMa (149099631) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:49 pm

Angelic Rose I hope your design wins. Its classy :hug:
LiL MaMa (149099631)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 09, 2010

Forum Posts: 4074

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Fri May 22, 2020 8:28 pm

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:
xNVx (129595882) wrote:ugh here are my favorites :wailing: :drool:

Imagine how much money they would make if they just put them all in the store. I'd break the bank for that kind of release. :drool:

OMG yes, i would buy them all. This would make me spent again :drool:

You Mad Bro?

xNVx (129595882)

Postby Pixetta Latorio (111757268) » Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 pm

Tiff (7426240) wrote:Not sure who did the dear, but I was very excited to see it make the finals! So cute! :hug:

i did i did! tysm <3

Pixetta Latorio (111757268)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 334
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby VanillaValentine (163517351) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:12 pm

Polygon Pervert (5112507) wrote:A quick doodler here hi :bye:
Because you are upset about not getting designs by the people you prefer, does not mean you should denigrate the work of others. I think this is the first contest I have seen that has been more inclusive than any other. I think BVG have tried a new method that in the main is quite successful.
Allowing others to be able to join in and share their ideas for in game accessories has to be applauded. I believe that the three different categories gives more people a chance to put forward their ideas regardless of artistic ability. I am reluctant to say some of the things I would like to express here, but I have been on the end of vitriolic verbal abuse once before under Zynga control. However I see some of the stuff written here and just think it’s like old times...
I just want to say that regardless of how long a design takes a person to draw, it makes it no less valid. The fact anybody is motivated to attempt to do so should be commended and anyone who receives unwanted comments about their level of technical ability should ignore them. Do not let other people with snidey comments detract you from continued efforts to improve your art. We are all expressing ourselves at different levels of expertise and the more drawing/painting you do the better your end results shall be.
No one was born riding a bicycle straight from the womb...
BVG I hope the three categories do stay as I believe they are a good thing!
Adios :thumbsup:

This is why I freakin love Polygon Pervert. Honestly this designer is super underrated. He’s super creative and ahead of his time but no one seems to notice it so I’m super happy that he’s in the finalists! Another reason why I like this guy is because he doesn’t give a **** about what other people think about his designs. He stays true to his style, and never gives up. He’s one of the OG designer participants and still keeps entering.

He’s right, if you get hate, IGNORE. Just keep designing!

The amount of hate I got (which is a lot) from participating in design contest is not enough to stop me from entering. Not everyone is going to like your designs. For example xNVx never liked my designs but I don’t take it against her because she has every right to her own personal taste.

Hard work never betrays you. The only person standing between you and self improvement, is YOU. So keep designing!!

A special mention to all innovator designers.Welcome to the designing community of yoworld. For the artisans who are also underrated, Taffywrap and TipsyTurvy both of you killed it this contest. You both improved so much!! Congratulations to all finalists!! Know that somewhere out there, there is someone that appreciates your hard work. :heart: :hug:
Last edited by VanillaValentine (163517351) on Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Click Signature to go to my Apartment
To See more of my Yoworld Designs: https://www.facebook.com/vvywd/

VanillaValentine (163517351)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 24, 2010

Forum Posts: 435

Postby VanillaValentine (163517351) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:14 pm

So much I wanna say but I’ll leave it at that :haha:
Image Image
Click Signature to go to my Apartment
To See more of my Yoworld Designs: https://www.facebook.com/vvywd/

VanillaValentine (163517351)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 24, 2010

Forum Posts: 435

Postby Tiff (7426240) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Pixetta Latorio (111757268) wrote:
Tiff (7426240) wrote:Not sure who did the dear, but I was very excited to see it make the finals! So cute! :hug:

i did i did! tysm <3

Very welcome! It's adorable! I hope we get it! :hug:
Tiff (7426240)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions