Not every items in SC theme counts for GC bonus

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Not every items in SC theme counts for GC bonus

Postby Queen Butterfly (11132566) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:26 am

Did anyone else notice that all the 250 coin items in the Summer Cottage Theme, such as the flip flops and rocks, don't have a star so they don't count toward your bonus in the GE? I didn't realize it at first, until I had added a bunch and my meter wasn't moving at all so I went to see why.

Has this happened in previous events and I just didn't notice it? Sure is tricky, if you ask me! I think EVERY item in the theme should count since we can only use that one theme to get our bonus. It's already hard enough to fill that 0.8 meter unless you spend cash but if they are going to start not letting the cheaper items count towards it, then it's about to get even more expensive.

I sat out the entire last round and didn't miss it too much. If this is going to be the new norm, I'm probably going to sit them all out now.
Queen Butterfly (11132566)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 93
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: Not every items in SC theme counts for GC bonus

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:27 am

I do not think there were that cheap items in any of the recent themes while there was a gem event.

The cheapest ones were the 500 coin ones, and sometimes there were not even them – so the cheapest items costed 1000 coins.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3808
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Fayeless (186188531) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:50 am

i think bvg noticed that players buy tons of the cheapest item in the theme to fill the meter. so maybe they took away that trick and now we have to buy lots of the more expensive ones
______________________________________________________formerly weirdo
Fayeless (186188531)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 07, 2015

Forum Posts: 4392
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Riff (185643699) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:00 am

it may be a mistake, something wrong in the system. we havent had items that cheap for quite awhile
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 11843
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:40 am

I didn't even notice there was 250 coin items, hmmm, that's shady AF! I go for the 500 coin ones and stack/hide them. Unless I actually like some of the yocash items, then I just buy them.
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 2243
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:56 am

Queen Butterfly (11132566) wrote:Did anyone else notice that all the 250 coin items in the Summer Cottage Theme, such as the flip flops and rocks, don't have a star so they don't count toward your bonus in the GE? I didn't realize it at first, until I had added a bunch and my meter wasn't moving at all so I went to see why.

Has this happened in previous events and I just didn't notice it? Sure is tricky, if you ask me! I think EVERY item in the theme should count since we can only use that one theme to get our bonus. It's already hard enough to fill that 0.8 meter unless you spend cash but if they are going to start not letting the cheaper items count towards it, then it's about to get even more expensive.

I sat out the entire last round and didn't miss it too much. If this is going to be the new norm, I'm probably going to sit them all out now.

While it's true every item should count, it may be just one of the many small glitches in the gem events. You could get around it by buying one 500 coin item instead of two 250 coin items. The effect would be the same and the cost would be the same. You would even have to place fewer items, so that might be a good thing. Anyway, hope this doesn't spoil your mood for the events and good luck Queen Butterfly...
:thumbsup:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 11538

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:33 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Queen Butterfly (11132566) wrote:Did anyone else notice that all the 250 coin items in the Summer Cottage Theme, such as the flip flops and rocks, don't have a star so they don't count toward your bonus in the GE? I didn't realize it at first, until I had added a bunch and my meter wasn't moving at all so I went to see why.

While it's true every item should count, it may be just one of the many small glitches in the gem events. You could get around it by buying one 500 coin item instead of two 250 coin items. The effect would be the same and the cost would be the same. You would even have to place fewer items, so that might be a good thing. Anyway, hope this doesn't spoil your mood for the events and good luck Queen Butterfly...

It seems to want you to buy cash items!!! I noticed a real difference this time in what I would get credit for. :wailing:

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 8265
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:40 am

Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:

It seems to want you to buy cash items!!! I noticed a real difference this time in what I would get credit for. :wailing:

Can't blame 'em for wanting us to buy yocash items, but whether you will or not is up in the air lol. I avoid the whole mess by not entering. Totally works...
:D

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 11538

Postby Queen Butterfly (11132566) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:10 am

If it is a glitch, they need to fix it. As of now, it's still there. Honestly, I don't notice the meter moving more whether I buy a 500 coin item or a 3000 coin item. Seems they are about the same to me. The only thing that makes them move further is cash items. Normally I do buy a lot of the 500 coin items and hide them somewhere but since I saw the 250 ones, I thought I'd do that with them. Only after I had done that with a bunch of them did I notice they didn't count. I call BS. My mood for these events was already bad with all the other things going on with it which is why I didn't do the last round at all. If this isn't a glitch and is something they are going to start doing - where some items in the theme count and some don't - then I'm done! Thanks, though!

Postby Queen Butterfly (11132566) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 am

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:I didn't even notice there was 250 coin items, hmmm, that's shady AF! I go for the 500 coin ones and stack/hide them. Unless I actually like some of the yocash items, then I just buy them.

That's what I do, too. Yeah, I think that's pretty dang low, if it isn't a glitch. As I just answered Erwyle, if it is a glitch, it still isn't fixed, so I have to wonder......

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:15 am

i noticed several events back that i couldn't use the 500 coins to fill the bar anymore. i was trying to put some sort of bird, maybe a seagull in the room and it didn't move the bar. i tried other 500 things and put about 10 in and it didn't move. it seems it is 1000 coins and upwards that do it
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 12027

Return to YoWorld Discussions