Share what you got from the Summer Kick Off Event

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Share what you got from the Summer Kick Off Event

Postby Viking Jess » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 am

Liam (130695460) wrote:
Viking Jess wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:we all got the exact same items so far, unless ya bought extra gems i guess

I suspect that. They should have told us this, that not all gems are equal :sad:

The items you get depend on the Chest you open, not whether your Gems were earned or purchased! The Wooden Chest gives you blue Common items, or you can get Rare, Epic, or Legendary items out of the Mega Chest. YoFan feedback from previous events has also led us to a system where you shouldn't get duplicates until you've received all of your unlocked possible items - this will be a little more evident in future tiers where there are more items to get :)

I think I love you (+ the developers) :drool: :love: :haha:

It's so funny; the feedback so far has very much sounded like most of ya prefer the other way... But like I said, we're waiting for some tier unlocks before we come to any conclusions :thumbsup:

P.S. We love you too! :love: :love:

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 288

Forum Posts: 9965
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 am

Viking Jess wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:we all got the exact same items so far, unless ya bought extra gems i guess

I suspect that. They should have told us this, that not all gems are equal :sad:

The items you get depend on the Chest you open, not whether your Gems were earned or purchased! The Wooden Chest gives you blue Common items, or you can get Rare, Epic, or Legendary items out of the Mega Chest. YoFan feedback from previous events has also led us to a system where you shouldn't get duplicates until you've received all of your unlocked possible items - this will be a little more evident in future tiers where there are more items to get :)

Ahhh...I get it now. You should let the gems build up after you have all the 'common' items so that you can open the Mega Chest for the bigger stuff. I bought gems to open another Wooden Chest and got duplicates of the commons....now I get it. :idea:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 17083
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=977oExzDh50

Don't you draw the Queen of Diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able
You know the Queen of Hearts is always your best bet
Now, it seems to me some fine things
Have been laid upon your table,
But you only want the ones that you can't get........

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10688
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:56 am

Viking Jess wrote:
Liam (130695460) wrote:
Viking Jess wrote:

I think I love you (+ the developers) :drool: :love: :haha:

It's so funny; the feedback so far has very much sounded like most of ya prefer the other way... But like I said, we're waiting for some tier unlocks before we come to any conclusions :thumbsup:

P.S. We love you too! :love: :love:

I think this way is much better!

Though, I do see where people are coming from. Perhaps if you implemented a CHANCE we could get a new, exclusive item from the Wooden Chests there'd be less frustration? :hug:
Theme Codes | How to: Remove FB Sidebar
ImageImageImage
❥Somer ❥mauiencar
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 20685
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Viking Jess » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:56 am

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=977oExzDh50

I've got it on repeat... All day. ALL DAY! :haha: :heart:

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 288

Forum Posts: 9965
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:56 am

Viking Jess wrote:

This way is MUCH better! :D

Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 am

Viking Jess wrote:
Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=977oExzDh50

I've got it on repeat... All day. ALL DAY! :haha: :heart:

I am singing right now......love this song! :heart:

Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 am

Desperado (126579776) wrote:
Viking Jess wrote:

Bless you my child. Go in peace.

My apologies. I've spent a lot of time in Catholic churches the past 2 weeks and they rubbed off on me. :haha:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Welcome Back, Rod! :hug: :heart: :D

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 am

Here's all I have, by the way:

Theme Codes | How to: Remove FB Sidebar
ImageImageImage
❥Somer ❥mauiencar
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 20685
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Dalaney (109964930) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 am

This is what I have! I'm going to start saving up for the rares!
Stardust (186190305) wrote:Regardless whether you bought the gems or not with your YC, let us share what we got from this new event, so at least we'll know what we might receive, and not just a "?" icon :haha: It is okay to write only an item list, no need to screenshot (though a screenshot would be nice).

I DID NOT spend any YC for this event, and here are the items I got so far. I will continue to update as I get something new.
Thanks!

Dalaney (109964930)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 4828
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am

Viking Jess wrote:

Thank you for your explanation, Jess. Now my understanding is that if we want to receive the rare, the epic, and the legendary items, then we should not open a wooden chest (costing 100 gems) but a mega chest (costing 300 gems). So until we can accumulate 300 gems, no mega chest will be available for us to open. And as long as we keep opening the cheaper chest, no rare, epic nor legendary items will be available for us. Am I correct?

“One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.”

― Edward Abbey

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 394
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 11133
Location: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:08 am

Viking Jess wrote:

Thank you for your explanation, Jess. Now my understanding is that if we want to receive the rare, the epic, and the legendary items, then we should not open a wooden chest (costing 100 gems) but a mega chest (costing 300 gems). So until we can accumulate 300 gems, no mega chest will be available for us to open. And as long as we keep opening the cheaper chest, no rare, epic nor legendary items will be available for us. Am I correct?

Yep! I think that's the deal! :thumbsup: ;)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 am

Viking Jess wrote:

Bless you my child. Go in peace.

My apologies. I've spent a lot of time in Catholic churches the past 2 weeks and they rubbed off on me. :haha:

Hey, where are your Santorini photos?? Been waiting for them. You can post them here, this is my thread, lol.

I understand about spending 2 weeks in Catholic Churches. I did that last year in Europe that I thought: show me just one other image of the Madonna and Child, and I will run out of the Church/Museum in terror... :haha:

“One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.”

― Edward Abbey

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Whatabulger (126579776) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 am

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote: :haha: :haha: :haha:

TY doll. It was fun. I was able to satisfy my sun fetish again. LOL :)

If you're arguing with a woman and she says "wow", you might want to run......
I'm street smart. Sesame Street smart.
Whatabulger (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 27940
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 am

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
Viking Jess wrote:

Yep! I think that's the deal! :thumbsup: ;)

Yep!! But thinking about it, how many days will it take for us to collect 300 gems?
Last edited by Stardust (186190305) on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

― Edward Abbey

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 am

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote: :haha: :haha: :haha:

TY doll. It was fun. I was able to satisfy my sun fetish again. LOL :)

Cool! Where were they taken?

― Edward Abbey

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Whatabulger (126579776) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:Hey, where are your Santorini photos?? Been waiting for them. You can post them here, this is my thread, lol.

I understand about spending 2 weeks in Catholic Churches. I did that last year in Europe that I thought: show me just one other image of the Madonna and Child, and I will run out of the Church/Museum in terror... :haha:

I'll get the Santorini pics uploaded soon. :thumbsup:

Etna
Santorini Port
Sicily
Last edited by Whatabulger (126579776) on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whatabulger (126579776)

Postby Whatabulger (126579776) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:26 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:Cool! Where were they taken?

As we cruised, I set my alarm to remind me to catch the sunsets. So these were taken on different nights as we moved from island to island. I'd have to look at the date stamps to know exactly for each one. My favorite are the last 2 which I know were taken the night we left Santorini and were headed to Athens. We were maybe 100 miles west of Santorini at that point?

Whatabulger (126579776)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:Cool! Where were they taken?

As we cruised, I set my alarm to remind me to catch the sunsets. So these were taken on different nights as we moved from island to island. I'd have to look at the date stamps to know exactly for each one. My favorite are the last 2 which I know were taken the night we left Santorini and were headed to Athens. We were maybe 100 miles west of Santorini at that point?

Yes I have guessed they must be taken on different days and different locations. So you were on the boat from place to place, that is nice! I love the sea so much as well that most of my tours would be water tours. However, I don't travel from place to place. The boats will always return to the departure point.

I think I can see where I am going to stay on your picture here. It is just next to that long and winding stairs. I will go down and up by myself and won't be using the donkeys. That is donkey abuse :sad: Okay, looking forward to your other pictures! Thanks for sharing.

― Edward Abbey

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am

Viking Jess wrote:

I haven't received all of my unlocked possible items but I've got duplicates:

I put the beds in the AH yesterday - couldn't even sell them for 50,000 each o_o
Image Image

:star: 100% goad-free siggy :star:

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 5601
Forum Title: YoDedicated

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions