50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Sirena (7859976) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 am

Noooooooooooo... lol
User avatar

Sirena (7859976)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 46
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Sirena (7859976) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:41 am

Tank (186101160) wrote:
Lippyfoo (185643699) wrote:i think they tend to cater to the younger crowd now.. maybe because most of bvg are males, and younger :haha: they enjoy creating silly. and its easier

id love fresh ideas and items though. even if i wasnt into whips and chains theme, i would def applaud them for it :devil:

Actually the target audience for 50 shades of grey is women in their 40s and 50s, I think it will be fun however. Its nice to see BVG recognizing the older audience and presenting more adult themes.


I'm in my 40s, and 50 shades of meh never appealed to me. I read the first book. All it was was murmuring and the same ...scenes... over and over again.

I'd rather see something Laurell K Hamliton Anita Blake series inspired for Valentine's Day. I know it would be great for Halloween, but there was a whole lot of.... love in the books after Obsidian Butterfly.
User avatar

Sirena (7859976)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 46
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:44 am

Sirena (7859976) wrote:
Tank (186101160) wrote:
Lippyfoo (185643699) wrote:i think they tend to cater to the younger crowd now.. maybe because most of bvg are males, and younger :haha: they enjoy creating silly. and its easier

id love fresh ideas and items though. even if i wasnt into whips and chains theme, i would def applaud them for it :devil:

Actually the target audience for 50 shades of grey is women in their 40s and 50s, I think it will be fun however. Its nice to see BVG recognizing the older audience and presenting more adult themes.


I'm in my 40s, and 50 shades of meh never appealed to me. I read the first book. All it was was murmuring and the same ...scenes... over and over again.

I'd rather see something Laurell K Hamliton Anita Blake series inspired for Valentine's Day. I know it would be great for Halloween, but there was a whole lot of.... love in the books after Obsidian Butterfly.

I only read the first couple books in the Anita Blake series but I heard it got pretty steamy later on!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
You will have to imagine my Tardis in space, with a Snorty by its side because photobucket doesnt want me to win.
User avatar

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7451
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Rainbows and Puppies galore.

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:47 am

I only voted for it because it was DIFFERENT.

Masquerade? Been there, done that. I have more masks than I could ever want. :dizzy:

Romantic Honeymoon? Same old, same old. Tropical. Beach. Candles. Yadda. Yadda. :sleepy:

Burlesque? Rehash..again. :yawn:


Peeps are crying for Original...Let's see somethin' new, shall we? :thumbsup:
Image
User avatar

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13120
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Sirena (7859976) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:48 am

Snorty (3054329) wrote:
Sirena (7859976) wrote:
Tank (186101160) wrote:
Lippyfoo (185643699) wrote:i think they tend to cater to the younger crowd now.. maybe because most of bvg are males, and younger :haha: they enjoy creating silly. and its easier

id love fresh ideas and items though. even if i wasnt into whips and chains theme, i would def applaud them for it :devil:

Actually the target audience for 50 shades of grey is women in their 40s and 50s, I think it will be fun however. Its nice to see BVG recognizing the older audience and presenting more adult themes.


I'm in my 40s, and 50 shades of meh never appealed to me. I read the first book. All it was was murmuring and the same ...scenes... over and over again.

I'd rather see something Laurell K Hamliton Anita Blake series inspired for Valentine's Day. I know it would be great for Halloween, but there was a whole lot of.... love in the books after Obsidian Butterfly.

I only read the first couple books in the Anita Blake series but I heard it got pretty steamy later on!


Ohhh, they did, like you wouldn't believe! The Killing Dance is when it all started but didn't get fully going until after Narcissus in Chains, not Obsidian Butterfly. (Sorry it's early and it's been years since I read the books)
User avatar

Sirena (7859976)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 46
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby PrincessAriel SSS (171362383) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:50 am

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:I only voted for it because it was DIFFERENT.

Masquerade? Been there, done that. I have more masks than I could ever want. :dizzy:

Romantic Honeymoon? Same old, same old. Tropical. Beach. Candles. Yadda. Yadda. :sleepy:

Burlesque? Rehash..again. :yawn:


Peeps are crying for Original...Let's see somethin' new, shall we? :thumbsup:

:?: :nerd: :eh:
Last edited by PrincessAriel SSS (171362383) on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
wishlist page 1 June 17 2017
User avatar
PrincessAriel SSS (171362383)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 23, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 4709
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: USA

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Pennywise (185046372) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:51 am

Voted yes :drink:
Image
User avatar

Pennywise (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 2459
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 am

Liam (130695460) wrote:Why not? :haha:

Excited for this year :thumbsup:


LOL ME TOO. :haha: :love:
♡【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】♡I love mail! ツ
Image
Image
User avatar
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 873
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Tank (186101160) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:56 am

PrincessAriel SSS (171362383) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:I only voted for it because it was DIFFERENT.

Masquerade? Been there, done that. I have more masks than I could ever want. :dizzy:

Romantic Honeymoon? Same old, same old. Tropical. Beach. Candles. Yadda. Yadda. :sleepy:

Burlesque? Rehash..again. :yawn:


Peeps are crying for Original...Let's see somethin' new, shall we? :thumbsup:

people say 50 shades of grey would be different but how
1.we have whips,and other steamy stuff so woudlnt it be the same
2.how would 50 shades of grey be original
i really want to know

The same could be said about ANY theme at this point. There are items in the game for any idea you could come up with. It is original because as a THEME it is not a rehash like yet another space theme or repeat. You could literally say there are items in the game already for any idea anyone could come up with but as a theme this is original.
User avatar
Tank (186101160)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 22, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 646
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 am

PrincessAriel SSS (171362383) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:I only voted for it because it was DIFFERENT.

Masquerade? Been there, done that. I have more masks than I could ever want. :dizzy:

Romantic Honeymoon? Same old, same old. Tropical. Beach. Candles. Yadda. Yadda. :sleepy:

Burlesque? Rehash..again. :yawn:


Peeps are crying for Original...Let's see somethin' new, shall we? :thumbsup:

people say 50 shades of grey would be different but how
1.we have whips,and other steamy stuff so woudlnt it be the same
2.how would 50 shades of grey be original
i really want to know


We've never really had an erotic theme :) It should be interesting. :)
♡【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】♡I love mail! ツ
Image
Image
User avatar
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 873
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 am

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:I only voted for it because it was DIFFERENT.

Masquerade? Been there, done that. I have more masks than I could ever want. :dizzy:

Romantic Honeymoon? Same old, same old. Tropical. Beach. Candles. Yadda. Yadda. :sleepy:

Burlesque? Rehash..again. :yawn:


Peeps are crying for Original...Let's see somethin' new, shall we? :thumbsup:


This post actually made me LOL..haha cute.
♡【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】♡I love mail! ツ
Image
Image
User avatar
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 873
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby PrincessAriel SSS (171362383) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:58 am

Tank (186101160) wrote:
PrincessAriel SSS (171362383) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:I only voted for it because it was DIFFERENT.

Masquerade? Been there, done that. I have more masks than I could ever want. :dizzy:

Romantic Honeymoon? Same old, same old. Tropical. Beach. Candles. Yadda. Yadda. :sleepy:

Burlesque? Rehash..again. :yawn:


Peeps are crying for Original...Let's see somethin' new, shall we? :thumbsup:

people say 50 shades of grey would be different but how
1.we have whips,and other steamy stuff so woudlnt it be the same
2.how would 50 shades of grey be original
i really want to know

The same could be said about ANY theme at this point. There are items in the game for any idea you could come up with. It is original because as a THEME it is not a rehash like yet another space theme or repeat. You could literally say there are items in the game already for any idea anyone could come up with but as a theme this is original.

well we shall see what theme we will get for valentine day
Image
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
wishlist page 1 June 17 2017
User avatar
PrincessAriel SSS (171362383)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 23, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 4709
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: USA

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 am

50 Shades of Grey was unbelievably juvenile and so far from reality, I can see it appealing to a specific audience in YoWorld. The book had no passion and without real passion, the rest is blah. The movie was a joke. I am not part of the audience that would like this and did not vote for it. I question offering it when we have so many under the age of 18 in here. Big V brings it, I save cash. :D
Image
User avatar

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6662
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: The Fourth Way

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Lippyfoo (185643699) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 am

Tank (186101160) wrote:
PrincessAriel SSS (171362383) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:I only voted for it because it was DIFFERENT.

Masquerade? Been there, done that. I have more masks than I could ever want. :dizzy:

Romantic Honeymoon? Same old, same old. Tropical. Beach. Candles. Yadda. Yadda. :sleepy:

Burlesque? Rehash..again. :yawn:


Peeps are crying for Original...Let's see somethin' new, shall we? :thumbsup:

people say 50 shades of grey would be different but how
1.we have whips,and other steamy stuff so woudlnt it be the same
2.how would 50 shades of grey be original
i really want to know

The same could be said about ANY theme at this point. There are items in the game for any idea you could come up with. It is original because as a THEME it is not a rehash like yet another space theme or repeat. You could literally say there are items in the game already for any idea anyone could come up with but as a theme this is original.

:thumbsup: exactly. there is a difference
User avatar
Lippyfoo (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 359
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 8233
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: under Raffs bed

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am

Being original is not always enough or appropriate. A close friend made a 50 Shades place that rocked and she used it for very very private meetings. I didn't approve of that but whatever, she is an adult and there were no overt items around - it was just suggestive and because of that, it worked! I suspect the crowd in here is more the chairs on the bed type with lots of whips, cages etc.
Image
User avatar

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6662
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: The Fourth Way

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby VegasMama (102470159) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:09 am

Image
User avatar

VegasMama (102470159)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: May 13, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 224
Forum Title: YoApprentice
Location: Somewhere with an open bar...

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Sirena (7859976) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:12 am

SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) wrote:
PrincessAriel SSS (171362383) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:I only voted for it because it was DIFFERENT.

Masquerade? Been there, done that. I have more masks than I could ever want. :dizzy:

Romantic Honeymoon? Same old, same old. Tropical. Beach. Candles. Yadda. Yadda. :sleepy:

Burlesque? Rehash..again. :yawn:


Peeps are crying for Original...Let's see somethin' new, shall we? :thumbsup:

people say 50 shades of grey would be different but how
1.we have whips,and other steamy stuff so woudlnt it be the same
2.how would 50 shades of grey be original
i really want to know


We've never really had an erotic theme :) It should be interesting. :)


I do vote for erotic, but I've seen Harlequin romances with more steam than 50 Shades. 50 shades is like a soda can with condensation in low humidity.
User avatar

Sirena (7859976)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 46
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Lippyfoo (185643699) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 am

the movie was kind of lame. all i really remember was her getting whacked on the arse a few too many times, then she realised she wasnt really into it. then the movie ended. she'd had enough
User avatar
Lippyfoo (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 359
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 8233
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: under Raffs bed

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am

Sirena (7859976) wrote:
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) wrote:
PrincessAriel SSS (171362383) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:I only voted for it because it was DIFFERENT.

Masquerade? Been there, done that. I have more masks than I could ever want. :dizzy:

Romantic Honeymoon? Same old, same old. Tropical. Beach. Candles. Yadda. Yadda. :sleepy:

Burlesque? Rehash..again. :yawn:


Peeps are crying for Original...Let's see somethin' new, shall we? :thumbsup:

people say 50 shades of grey would be different but how
1.we have whips,and other steamy stuff so woudlnt it be the same
2.how would 50 shades of grey be original
i really want to know


We've never really had an erotic theme :) It should be interesting. :)


I do vote for erotic, but I've seen Harlequin romances with more steam than 50 Shades. 50 shades is like a soda can with condensation in low humidity.


:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Image
User avatar

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13120
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: 50 Shades of Grey for Valentine's Day?

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:20 am

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:
Tiny Me (147580438) wrote:I guess I made a wrong vote for masquerade ball :D


i voted for masquerade as well
50 shades was booooring and really bad actingqui omg only thing i liked about 50 shades was the sound track

too bad Caligula wasnt on the list



i think you're losing your mind insomnia. rotflmao caligula??? really. it'd be quite interesting theme though. could combine the romance of incest with 3 sisters and the glory of the germanic roman legions. you made me laugh out loud. thanks for that.
Image
Click on siggy to visit me.
User avatar

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4838
Forum Title: YoGroupie

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions