[SUGGESTIONS] Your Theme Ideas!

For all of your YoWorld Mobile Companion App needs!

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Your Theme Ideas!

Postby olhuzzy (8116493) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Thinking about themes...
But, while we're at it, can we make the items all fit other themes as well? I mean size-wise.
I like to decorate in an eclectic style, and sometimes if I want to use - say - a chair from one theme in a room, it's twice the size of the sofa, etc.
Am I making sense?
I just go the "sittable rock pile" and it's like a small hill compared to the rest of the items in my summer cottage area. Just a thought.
Thanks, y'all.
We Play the Blues so You Don't Get 'em!

olhuzzy (8116493)
YoWorld Level: 72
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 34
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby olhuzzy (8116493) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:31 am

Oh...
Star Trek - Star Wars - Lost in Space, or any iconic space theme.
The Summer of Love theme was okay, but I'd love more hippie clothing (yep - old hippie here), and more Glam Rock (think David Bowie in the 70s) - stuff like that.
And can we please have the hats for themes actually fit over hair, instead of having the hair look like a halo around it? Thanks again.
We Play the Blues so You Don't Get 'em!

olhuzzy (8116493)
YoWorld Level: 72
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 34

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:I'm still dying for an HP Lovecraft weird tales inspired theme... :drool:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/cu.aspx

It is said that in Ulthar, which lies beyond the river Skai, no man may kill a cat; and this I can verily believe as I gaze upon him who sitteth purring before the fire. For the cat is cryptic, and close to strange things which men cannot see. He is the soul of antique Aegyptus, and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir. He is the kin of the jungle’s lords, and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa. The Sphinx is his cousin, and he speaks her language; but he is more ancient than the Sphinx, and remembers that which she hath forgotten.

In Ulthar, before ever the burgesses forbade the killing of cats, there dwelt an old cotter and his wife who delighted to trap and slay the cats of their neighbours

One day a caravan of strange wanderers from the South entered the narrow cobbled streets of Ulthar. Dark wanderers they were, and unlike the other roving folk who passed through the village twice every year.

There was in this singular caravan a little boy with no father or mother, but only a tiny black kitten to cherish. The plague had not been kind to him, yet had left him this small furry thing to mitigate his sorrow; and when one is very young, one can find great relief in the lively antics of a black kitten. So the boy whom the dark people called Menes smiled more often than he wept as he sate playing with his graceful kitten on the steps of an oddly painted wagon.

On the third morning of the wanderers’ stay in Ulthar, Menes could not find his kitten; and as he sobbed aloud in the market-place certain villagers told him of the old man and his wife, and of sounds heard in the night. And when he heard these things his sobbing gave place to meditation, and finally to prayer. He stretched out his arms toward the sun and prayed in a tongue no villager could understand; though indeed the villagers did not try very hard to understand, since their attention was mostly taken up by the sky and the odd shapes the clouds were assuming. It was very peculiar, but as the little boy uttered his petition there seemed to form overhead the shadowy, nebulous figures of exotic things; of hybrid creatures crowned with horn-flanked discs. Nature is full of such illusions to impress the imaginative.

That night the wanderers left Ulthar, and were never seen again. And the householders were troubled when they noticed that in all the village there was not a cat to be found.

So Ulthar went to sleep in vain anger; and when the people awaked at dawn—behold! every cat was back at his accustomed hearth! Large and small, black, grey, striped, yellow, and white, none was missing. Very sleek and fat did the cats appear, and sonorous with purring content.

It was fully a week before the villagers noticed that no lights were appearing at dusk in the windows of the cottage under the trees. Then the lean Nith remarked that no one had seen the old man or his wife since the night the cats were away.

And when they had broken down the frail door they found only this: two cleanly picked human skeletons on the earthen floor, and a number of singular beetles crawling in the shadowy corners.

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 3599
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:47 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Kio (185180932) wrote:I'm still dying for an HP Lovecraft weird tales inspired theme... :drool:

Okay, first of all, your outfit is beautiful. :thumbsup:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7731
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:

Okay, first of all, your outfit is beautiful. :thumbsup:

Thank you! :rose: If that story is actually considered, I should hope that it is fully read! It's short...

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 3599
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby SmartTGurl (141611272) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:01 am

I used to love this game(been playing since 2009) and could hardly wait for the next theme because I knew it would take me somewhere I had never been before or to a place I loved and could recreate in YoWorld. Recently, however, a number of themes have been very similar in content .....summer cottage, garden center, relaxation retreat, modern farmhouse. Nice stuff but did we really need 4 in the short span of summer? Summer cottage and garden center would have definitely had more punch if released in the dead of winter. I am really hoping for some "knock my socks off, out of this world" themes in the future. Originality is key. Think out of the box.

SmartTGurl (141611272)
YoWorld Level: 378
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 183
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Loto (3566706) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi!

Who can help me?. Three days ago I entered the event: Eat, sleep, Cottage, and earned my 100 gems that I didnt use. Yesterday I voted my 5 choices, earned my 25 gems. Today I went to claim my price forn entering the event and there is a note of none participation. I looked for my furniture on my stuff and there is nohing of the furniture I used to dress the front cottage.What do I have o do, who can I talk with to fix this'!!!.

I cry!!!!

Beg for help. :heartbroken:
Loto (3566706)
YoWorld Level: 233
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Sharona (110510771) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:28 pm

I would like to see a remake of just medical practices such as a hospital, doctor's office, dentist, eye doctor, physio therapy and of course a place for our pooches such as a veterinary clinic.

Sharona (110510771)
YoWorld Level: 359
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 187

Postby Sharona (110510771) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:30 pm

CorynlovesYo (128085339) wrote:I would really like a medical set like the older Heroes set we had many years ago. I was a newbie when that set came out so I was unable to afford much of it. I would really like another hospital set, a dentist set, and another fire/police dept for our towns. I would really love to see some more TOWN items in general. One room buildings are great for making specialty themes-a dental clinic could be on an avenue front, next to the pediatric clinic next door. There could be the main hospital again or just a doctor clinic, either one would be cool to fill my old Heroes homes. Lots of nurses, doctors, patients, babies, moms in labor, visitors, etc. medical staff for the ambulance, like EMTS coming in, etc.

I agree, would love to see a remake :)

Sharona (110510771)
YoWorld Level: 359
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 187

Postby Yuri (120671304) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:I would love a Swamp Witch/Voodoo theme:

Thought I would add these ideas of themes I would love to see:

Dark fairy tales Theme
Murder Mystery Theme
Supernatural Things Theme
Cryptozoology Theme
Urban Legends Theme
Gothic Vampires Theme
Fears and Superstitions Theme
Seven Deadly Sins
Slasher/Horror Movies
Apocalypse Theme

Cool. Though some less-dark Voodoo would be good. Light vs. Dark, voodoo style?
Yuri (120671304)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 58

Postby Yuri (120671304) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:20 pm

[quote="Katherine (121079165)"][quote="Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)"]Thank you for making this thread, you were one step ahead of me, as I was about to ask you make another thread like this one!

Following the (hopefully) successful run of Cyberpunk, I am dearly hoping BVG could possibly other -punk themes, one of which I think would serve excellently in this game, Solarpunk. I figured since many players were fond of Bohemian items, why not Solarpunk? It's essentially bohemian with a dash of science fiction. It usually takes place in a diverse idealistic utopia, where everybody is equal. The architecture takes inspiration from Art Nouveau, and the clothing and fashion styles tend to be very colorful, drawing inspiration from multiple cultures. I think the best place to set this theme would be in a Botanical District. There are holograms, etc. I think a good color palette for this theme would primarily include the colors orange, green, gold, and blue among other earthly colors.

Solarpunk

Cut images for length. I have never before heard of Solarpunk, but I think it could be an awesome theme if properly researched. Completely different. Science-fantasy. Cool
Yuri (120671304)

Postby Yuri (120671304) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Not a theme idea, but I was trying to decorate and was having the worst time with the plants. I'd like the plant and hate what it was in. Can't always cover that. Could there be a new bit in plants/gifts with interchangeable plants and pots? I don't know how complicated that would be programming-wise. It's like how we make our outifts, but before we purchase the plant. Would that be easier to do if you do it in-store only?

It's a tiny part of decorating but can really cause irritation sometimes.
Yuri (120671304)

Postby Marie Laveau (131295150) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:00 pm

[quote="Autumn Glory (105171200)"]I would love a Swamp Witch/Voodoo theme:

I cannot agree more. I do believe that if you go fully voodoo, it would contain both sides--light and dark. New Orleans voodoo developed when it was a Catholic city (until the Louisiana Purchase) and the real Marie Laveau went to church every day and encouraged her followers to do the same. Voodoo has healing and other positive things in it. Today the dark aspect is often called hoodoo. Snakes are used in healing. Please do research or have a Yo contest involving research. Kind of picky, but I wouldn't like to see this theme done poorly. If done well, I could add to my New Orleans and surrounding area Yo homes. It's both modern and 19th century. I haven't added the voodoo museum yet. With both Dr. John T and Jerry gone I'm hesitant. I miss John T's snakes. So cute.

Very basic thoughts, but if it's all going to be dark and evil, use the swamp witch idea.

Marie Laveau (131295150)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 11
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby SAM (2311076) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Penny Dreadful (139979347) wrote:A Clue (board game) theme. And not for Halloween.

Penny I love this idea!! :thumbsup:

SAM (2311076)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 28, 2008

Forum Posts: 22

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Not a theme, but an item suggestion: An animated Metronome. We have lots of different pianos...and no way to keep time. :idea:

:haha: :haha: :haha: ;)

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18383
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:28 am

One more request...just because. This is a baby Highland Cattle Calf. How cuddly would one of these be as a Yober or Plushie? :heart: :heart:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18383
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby BlueMermaid USA SHBOY NYI (105383703) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:40 pm

I decorated on the king of the grill and now it says I missed the event this game is a rip off :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr

BlueMermaid USA SHBOY NYI (105383703)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 1

Postby XxNiKyXx (6531488) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:38 pm

:cake: [color=#FFBFFF][/color]
hi
XxNiKyXx (6531488)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 11

Postby Cleopatra (11515543) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm

For Christmas a gingerbread house theme.

Cleopatra (11515543)
YoWorld Level: 427
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 3

Postby Cleopatra (11515543) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 pm

For Valentine's Day a City of Love theme.

Cleopatra (11515543)
YoWorld Level: 427
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 3

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Mobile Companion App