[SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

For all of your YoWorld Mobile Companion App needs!

[SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Viking Jess » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:24 am

Hey YoFans!

Our previous Upcoming Theme Suggestions thread began in 2017... and it's getting long. Our team is beginning to look at themes for 2019, so what better time than now to start anew and create a refreshed thread?!

We've compiled a list of considerations and guidelines that, if followed, will give you the best possible chance at seeing your dream themes become a Yo-reality! Before sharing, take a moment to read them through:

Consider intellectual property and copyright! We'd love to create themes based on our favourite franchises as well, but copywritten material will not be added to YoWorld.

Be concise! Try to summarize your idea in as few words and images as you can. Super-long posts are more difficult to consider.

Be thorough! The majority of our themes have item counts in the several-hundreds, so try to ensure your suggestion supports the creation of a property, decor, clothing, hair, etc.

Share your support for others' ideas! We try to make themes in YoWorld appeal to as many YoFans as possible. The more support an idea garners, the more likely it is that we'll be able to consider it!
Got all that? Good!

Share your Theme Suggestions for 2019 in the comments below!!!

(P.S. We haven't thrown your suggestions from the old thread out - but feel free to share ideas again :) )

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 288

Forum Posts: 9966
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:36 am

Edinburgh - "Scottish Adventure"

Home(s) -
  • Royal Mile (stores) leading to Castle
  • Edinburgh Apartment -> Royal Mile -> Castle
  • Castle
  • Arthur's Seat

Clothing -
  • Tourist
  • Traditional Scottish
  • Modern Scottish
  • Hoodie (maybe free item?)

Hairs -
  • Calvin Harris inspired

Decor -
  • Castle Exterior/Interior
  • Apartment Interior
  • Store Interior / Exteriors
  • Few Royal Mile Tourtisty Pieces
  • Arthur Seat pieces
  • Tribute to Greyfrairs Bobby - Image

Actions -
  • Scottish Jig

We also can't forget...
Theme Codes | How to: Remove FB Sidebar
ImageImageImage
❥Somer ❥mauiencar
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 20696
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:46 pm

A Cyberpunk theme
"Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a futuristic setting that tends to focus on a "combination of lowlife and high tech" featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such as artificial intelligence and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown, or radical change in the social order." - wikipedia
Cyberpunk often centers on artificial intelligence, hackers, and megacorporations, and tend to be set in a near-future Earth. *Not to be confused with steampunk, biopunk, diesel-punk, etc.*

Setting:
Hair/Fashion:

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 8752
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Abee (108712228) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:03 pm

How about a Mount Everest for a cold February month? While embracing the season of cold grey suck, it could be fun with snowy mountain scenery. Ice caverns. Cool climbing gear.
We could even break out of the traditional "homes" and have a series of rooms that show the climb up from basecamp to summit instead.

Abee (108712228)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 2719
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Andee (128316761) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:22 pm

OMGoodness !! I absolutely love ALL 3 of these suggestions already...too cool :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :heart: :heart:
Last edited by Andee (128316761) on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life can be hard and discouraging, but when you feel like giving in and giving up, remember that the hair in your anus grows despite its environment. That is a CAN DO attitude even in really crappy surroundings! NEVER YIELD!
Andee (128316761)
YoWorld Level: 87
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 60
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Viking Mark » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Abee (108712228) wrote:How about a Mount Everest for a cold February month? While embracing the season of cold grey suck, it could be fun with snowy mountain scenery. Ice caverns. Cool climbing gear.
We could even break out of the traditional "homes" and have a series of rooms that show the climb up from basecamp to summit instead.

Thanks for the suggestion Abee, super cool idea! We've already got our themes for February planned and/or in progress but we'll definitely keep this mind for next winter! Keep the great ideas coming.
Viking Mark
YoWorld Level: 270

Forum Posts: 36
Forum Title: YoWorld Team

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Viking Mark wrote:
Abee (108712228) wrote:How about a Mount Everest for a cold February month? While embracing the season of cold grey suck, it could be fun with snowy mountain scenery. Ice caverns. Cool climbing gear.

Thanks for the suggestion Abee, super cool idea! We've already got our themes for February planned and/or in progress but we'll definitely keep this mind for next winter! Keep the great ideas coming.

If you already are planning through February 2019...how far in advance would you like suggestions? Are we talking next summer? :eh:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 17094
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Viking Mark » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
Viking Mark wrote:

If you already are planning through February 2019...how far in advance would you like suggestions? Are we talking next summer? :eh:

Great question Smitten! We are currently planning themes for March, April and May of 2019, but don't let that stop you from suggesting ideas for Valentine's Day, Christmas, or any other time of year that may or may not have already come and gone.
Viking Mark

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Viking Mark wrote:

I agree it's a great idea too.

What I thought of, when I read Abee's idea was that we could have a theme that dealt with all the ( or at least a few of the popular ) major mountains in the world. For example - we could have Mount Everest , Kilimanjaro, Mount Blanc Trek, Swiss Alps etc... that way, we could have a fuller theme which allowed us to explore different cultural environments (like the base of the mountains - does that make sense) and which gives the content a wider variation and scope.
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10093
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Viking Jess » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Viking Mark wrote:
Viking Mark wrote:

Great question Smitten! We are currently planning themes for March, April and May of 2019, but don't let that stop you from suggesting ideas for Valentine's Day, Christmas, or any other time of year that may or may not have already come and gone.

^^^
It's not like they won't ever happen again... :smug: :haha:

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 288

Forum Posts: 9966
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:A Cyberpunk theme
"Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a futuristic setting that tends to focus on a "combination of lowlife and high tech" featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such as artificial intelligence and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown, or radical change in the social order." - wikipedia
Cyberpunk often centers on artificial intelligence, hackers, and megacorporations, and tend to be set in a near-future Earth. *Not to be confused with steampunk, biopunk, diesel-punk, etc.*

[

I do like this idea too... I think it would be a great theme to explore especially both furniture wise and fashion. An artist could go wild with designs for this theme. Wild in a good way - I hasten to add :haha:

Makes me think of (even though you've said not to be confused with lol) a *futuristic* version of the steampunk theme we have had - and we all know how popular that theme was.
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10093
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Viking Jess wrote:
Viking Mark wrote:
Viking Mark wrote:

^^^
It's not like they won't ever happen again... :smug: :haha:

True!! LOL!!

Ty for the response, Jess and Mark. :hug: :D

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 17094
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Dawn (148400744) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:47 pm

I would love an Edinburgh, Scotland theme as well, including the Scottish Highlands!! :thumbsup:
Dawn (148400744)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 03, 2010

Forum Posts: 27

Postby Dawn (148400744) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:50 pm

:thumbsup:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:Edinburgh - "Scottish Adventure"

Home(s) -
  • Royal Mile (stores) leading to Castle
  • Edinburgh Apartment -> Royal Mile -> Castle
  • Castle
  • Arthur's Seat

Clothing -
  • Tourist
  • Traditional Scottish
  • Modern Scottish
  • Hoodie (maybe free item?)

Hairs -
  • Calvin Harris inspired

Decor -
  • Castle Exterior/Interior
  • Apartment Interior
  • Store Interior / Exteriors
  • Few Royal Mile Tourtisty Pieces
  • Arthur Seat pieces
  • Tribute to Greyfrairs Bobby - Image

Actions -
  • Scottish Jig

We also can't forget...
Dawn (148400744)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 03, 2010

Forum Posts: 27

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:14 pm

I'm done telling you guys how badly this game needs a music theme. The house is simple. Five rooms around the entrance hub - Rock/Pop/Country/R&B/Classical. Each room designed with a set up stage to meet the music theme for that space. The items are endless. Bar scene items for the main hub which could be outdoors like a music festival. Interactive stage/performance items for each space. Tables. Chairs. Lights. Dance floors. Explosions. NPCs for each genre. Interactive mics. Spotlight dance actions. The list is endless.

You'd engage every single player who has ever enjoyed music. I honestly do not understand why you haven't milked this cash cow yet. This is the 3rd time I've suggested it. Players have mentioned it to me. But sure, let's do Reykjavik Iceland instead.

:nerd:

Miles Finch - You feeling strong, my friend? Call me "elf" one more time.
Buddy The Elf - He's an angry elf.
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 27997
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Viking Mark » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Spurts (126579776) wrote:I'm done telling you guys how badly this game needs a music theme. The house is simple. Five rooms around the entrance hub - Rock/Pop/Country/R&B/Classical. Each room designed with a set up stage to meet the music theme for that space. The items are endless. Bar scene items for the main hub which could be outdoors like a music festival. Interactive stage/performance items for each space. Tables. Chairs. Lights. Dance floors. Explosions. NPCs for each genre. Interactive mics. Spotlight dance actions. The list is endless.

You'd engage every single player who has ever enjoyed music. I honestly do not understand why you haven't milked this cash cow yet. This is the 3rd time I've suggested it. Players have mentioned it to me. But sure, let's do Reykjavik Iceland instead.

Hi Spurts, thanks for your open and honest feedback. We actually polled players on a YoWorld School of Performing Arts theme a couple of months ago and unfortunately it didn't get a ton of support. We also did a concert-inspired theme with YoStock back in August of last year. I know your idea is different from what we've done in the past, so If you and other YoFans feel strongly about another music-inspired theme we can see about putting it on an upcoming survey to test the waters again.

Thanks for the idea!
Viking Mark

Postby Tara Lee (126161291) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:56 pm

A shabby chic theme that actually consist of buying quality items from the store as opposed to dumping a ton of money into mystery chest that give you useless items!
Tara Lee (126161291)
YoWorld Level: 278
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 122
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Viking Mark wrote:
Spurts (126579776) wrote:I'm done telling you guys how badly this game needs a music theme. The house is simple. Five rooms around the entrance hub - Rock/Pop/Country/R&B/Classical. Each room designed with a set up stage to meet the music theme for that space. The items are endless. Bar scene items for the main hub which could be outdoors like a music festival. Interactive stage/performance items for each space. Tables. Chairs. Lights. Dance floors. Explosions. NPCs for each genre. Interactive mics. Spotlight dance actions. The list is endless.

Hi Spurts, thanks for your open and honest feedback. We actually polled players on a YoWorld School of Performing Arts theme a couple of months ago and unfortunately it didn't get a ton of support. We also did a concert-inspired theme with YoStock back in August of last year. I know your idea is different from what we've done in the past, so If you and other YoFans feel strongly about another music-inspired theme we can see about putting it on an upcoming survey to test the waters again.

Thanks for the idea!

Fair 'nuff.

Miles Finch - You feeling strong, my friend? Call me "elf" one more time.
Buddy The Elf - He's an angry elf.
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 27997
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:12 pm

I know you can't do an actual x-men theme, but can something similar be done? A mutant type theme. I would love to see the eyes/hair/Tattoos/skin colors/effects and clothing from a theme like that.

As for furniture - I'm always up for the dark themes: monsters, demons, space, etc.
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 54

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:A Cyberpunk theme

Setting:
Hair/Fashion:

Oh god I would love this.
Last edited by GoldenMikey (178293069) on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoldenMikey (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 18840
Forum Title: YoAddict

Next

Return to YoWorld Mobile Companion App