The YoWorld Update Episode 2: Account Security!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

The YoWorld Update Episode 2: Account Security!

Postby Viking Trevor » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Hey Folks!

Thanks to everyone who has submitted their topic suggestions for future episodes. We are pleased to let you all know that the Topic of the Week for Episode 3 will be (*drumroll*): Lag!

If you have any questions regarding this topic that you want us to dive right into, please ask them right here!

Click here to listen to Episode 2!

Hey YoFans!

What's in This Episode?
Feature/Art Updates!
As always, we bring up some information about the latest (and upcoming) updates to YoWorld. Listen in for details about new service outage messages, Halloween themes, contests, and more!

Postcard Handhelds!
This week we held our first Postcard Handheld HH item draw! Two lucky winners (Teddy, and Brendastar OWLS) are the first receive these in-game YoWorld Update Exclusive items! Want a chance to win one for yourself? We'll be drawing from our wall of postcards every other episode, so get yours in soon.
If you're looking for an address, we've got you covered.
    300-285 King St.
    London, Ontario, Canada
    N6B 3M6
Topic of the Week: Account Security!
As mentioned in Episode 1, Viking Jess and I are on a mission to bring you more in-depth information about the topics that matter to you. This week, we dig into something that ties in directly with our Safe and Secure YoValue: Account Security. We outline what some unsavoury players might be trying to do in order to steal your in-game items, and walk through how easy (and valuable) it is to protect yourself. There is a ton of information, and it's all jam-packed into roughly 30 minutes (it's a big topic!).

Click here to listen to Episode 2!

As with any new YoWorld endeavours, we are always on the lookout for your feedback to help improve things. If you have any comments, concerns, queries, conundrums, congratulations or anything else alliterative, please make sure to let us know below.

Your Assignments This Week
• Keep letting us know what you think of the new format; we really appreciated your thoughts last week!
• Any extra questions regarding how to protect your account? Just ask!
• Tell us some topics of the week to investigate for future episodes! The topic for Episode 3 will be announced soon!
• Send us your postcards!

Thanks so much for listening folks, and we'll see you back in a couple of weeks!

:thumbsup:
Viking Trevor
YoWorld Level: 274

Forum Posts: 1257
Forum Title: YoWorld Team
Location: Check out them Twitters: https://twitter.com/viking_trevor

Re: The YoWorld Update Episode 2: Account Security!

Postby JiGgLYPuFf (114508580) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:45 pm

thank you trevor
btw we posted an event under perf called Listening Party we wanted to throw water balloons at you but u never came maybe next time hehehehehee

JiGgLYPuFf (114508580)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 1058
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby SoStealthyBro (187219990) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

I just finished listening to the Podcast and thanks I'll be sure to check out the YoPass & Lock Code

Back in the day, me and a friend had a secret word we would PM each other to make sure it was really us talking. It was Bacon haha

I do a lot of trading and I have never had someone say "Get naked/Remove your clothes" ... Before trading...
Bring on the THUNDER! Bring on the RAIN!
SoStealthyBro (187219990)
YoWorld Level: 37
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2016

Forum Posts: 255
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Brendastar OWLS (119856842) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:46 pm

TY to whoever picked my post card !!!! HOOOOT Podcast was very informative this week about all the new things taking place !!!! What did we win by the way ?????? Im so excited !!!! :rose: :heart:

Brendastar OWLS (119856842)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 743
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Brendastar OWLS (119856842) wrote:TY to whoever picked my post card !!!! HOOOOT Podcast was very informative this week about all the new things taking place !!!! What did we win by the way ?????? Im so excited !!!! :rose: :heart:

You both win the new RARE..a HandHeld Postcard! Brand new!!

Congratulations, Brenda!! :thumbsup: :D

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 13097
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:00 pm

NotSoStealthyBro (187219990) wrote:I just finished listening to the Podcast and thanks I'll be sure to check out the YoPass & Lock Code

Back in the day, me and a friend had a secret word we would PM each other to make sure it was really us talking. It was Bacon haha

I do a lot of trading and I have never had someone say "Get naked/Remove your clothes" ... Before trading...

Unfortunately, this is one of the latest scamming techniques that is making its way around the game. :grr :sad:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 13097
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby fbyosallplay (4152024) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Interesting episode .. tnx for all the information :) :balloon:

so if i installed windows 10 half way does that
mean i am running on w 9.5 :)

gifts> <3
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... ng-4152024
>https://youtu.be/DAFQFaVB1dg
fbyosallplay (4152024)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 26, 2008

Forum Posts: 96
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby DON SammyBoyroselli (183180031) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:48 pm

guys is it ok if i host a podcast party for people to come and listen?would that brteak any official rules?
DON SammyBoyroselli (183180031)
YoWorld Level: 187
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 20, 2012

Forum Posts: 49
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:03 pm

Listened to the podcast and I have a question.

The mobile app...you are adding or changing out prizes...
Could you maybe switch up those friend visit boxes in the actual game sometime. Sure would like to see that more than the mobile app.
A lot of those little items in the store could have been tossed in those boxes. Spring is over, fall is here and with Halloween and Christmas around the corner.... :sad:
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......" - Lee Greenwood

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 7114
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Lippyfoo (185643699) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:12 pm

u guys explained the security issues and preventions really well :)
Lippyfoo
Lippyfoo (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 8221
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby one marby (10516916) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Will need to get a post card off to you all...
Hey next discussion... could you look into the issue of my not being to access the HELP at all... for sometime months perhaps... every time I try, it shuts down... Cache's are cleared tried 3 different browsers.... I never used to have an issue with it... anyway... Thank you
one marby (10516916)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 2002
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Lippyfoo (185643699) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:34 pm

one marby (10516916) wrote:Will need to get a post card off to you all...
Hey next discussion... could you look into the issue of my not being to access the HELP at all... for sometime months perhaps... every time I try, it shuts down... Cache's are cleared tried 3 different browsers.... I never used to have an issue with it... anyway... Thank you

good idea because i think this might have something to do with game lag therefore loading. although the last time i recall the lag issue being addressed, we were told its more than likely the players net speed or device :phew:

observing for a long time, lag is a huge problem for the majority, especially after the server "upgrade". and im genuinely worried it could end up being the beginning of the death of this game unless something is done :sad:
Lippyfoo
Lippyfoo (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 8221

Postby ROBYN cOOnie (109762752) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:58 am

CONGRATS from the cOOnie's :thumbsup: :party: :D

Brendastar OWLS (119856842) wrote:TY to whoever picked my post card !!!! HOOOOT Podcast was very informative this week about all the new things taking place !!!! What did we win by the way ?????? Im so excited !!!! :rose: :heart:

ROBYN cOOnie (109762752)
YoWorld Level: 278
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 318
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby April (125585474) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:25 am

:)

Please see suggestion topic episode 1-Vip concerns would like to add vip exclusives in there also non vip can buy the same items only diff is cost. Will VIP get exclusives only for vip members? :D

April (125585474)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 526

Postby DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:47 am

Brenda, that is so great !! Hoot hoot !! Can't wait to see your handheld. :D

DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 792

Postby Fermithekrog YED (1195434) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Topic for discussion decorating

Points you could consider within this topic

Size consistency on items (are they tested against furniture in store to see how they will look together?)

Layering issues - the testing of items prior to release does this occur?

Wall paper tiles of different variations (you could take current wall paper in store and make tiles from these

Rotation of furniture (360 degrees for staple items such as couches, seats, stair cases) - we know this can be achieved because some items have it and others don't. Perhaps a happy medium would be staple items.

Fermithekrog YED (1195434)
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 5994

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:45 pm

I posted a thread with this a loooooong time ago, but thought I'd ask for it here. Still think it'd be a good thing to have ^_^

"Some people may go on to your account to do malicious things. Not all will go in to steal, they will go in to sabotage and devastate. To do so, they may simply delete everything you own in Yo. Right now, we don't have a security codes to remove/sell items directly from our invos, but I think we should. At least, I think it'd be nice to have to enter your lock code to view your inventory. I don't have anyone in my home that would do something like delete my items but someone else might; a lover scorned, an upset sibling, someone you trusted. Even if someone isn't in your household, someone could access your account to do evil.

I don't know why this came to mind, but I think it'd be useful. Yes, we have other security measures, but why not one more?"
.......................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real.
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along, somewhere I belong

MY WISHLIST (click here)
xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011

Forum Posts: 8185

Postby VallyGurl2hot (155772103) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:46 pm

I liked this :thumbsup: :hug: :heart:
VallyGurl2hot (155772103)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 1220
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Patmin (3374531) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:02 am

Awesome updates! :thumbsup: I have two suggestions.

You all really need to improve the yoworld town stores. I am looking more at the "Gifts & Flower" shop. Since so far the "Birthday theme" doesn't seem to be getting its on theme. Why not just redo the shop into a "Party Shop". Very like the real life "Party Store" which you can have all kinds of birthday party themes. There, as you make other themes, you can add anything birthday party related to the store. You can also just add all the birthday party related items to the store now.

It would be cool to have a "Creepy Pasta" contest. Some good creepy, scary, ghost story telling.

Thanks for the glitch and bug fixing lately and cool new features. :D :thumbsup:
Patmin (3374531)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 5478

Postby HillBunny (103783869) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:54 pm

xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) wrote:I posted a thread with this a loooooong time ago, but thought I'd ask for it here. Still think it'd be a good thing to have ^_^

"Some people may go on to your account to do malicious things. Not all will go in to steal, they will go in to sabotage and devastate. To do so, they may simply delete everything you own in Yo. Right now, we don't have a security codes to remove/sell items directly from our invos, but I think we should. At least, I think it'd be nice to have to enter your lock code to view your inventory. I don't have anyone in my home that would do something like delete my items but someone else might; a lover scorned, an upset sibling, someone you trusted. Even if someone isn't in your household, someone could access your account to do evil.

I don't know why this came to mind, but I think it'd be useful. Yes, we have other security measures, but why not one more?"

I asked this same question and they responded in a podcast stating it would be too hard.
I totally agree with you on making a lock code box pop up to view your inventory.
I think the same should apply to our inventory as it does with the auction house.
When you click on the inventory box why can't the lock code box pop up?
We should have to enter the code just once to view our inventory.
I agree that some people IF they had the chance might be malicious and delete everything we have earned over the years.
Today I was just playing around and decided to see how easy it would be if someone went into my inventory and decided to sell my items back to the game.
It is a bit unsettling to know that it is possible if someone maliciously wanted to sell my items in inventory back to wherever it goes once you sell it with out having to enter the lock code .
Also to even be able to delete the non refundable items.
They would be able to wipe out everything in my inventory IF given the opportunity.
I was able to view this without having to use a lock code to view my inventory.
How easy it would be for someone to maliciously hit sell and have it be gone forever.

HillBunny (103783869)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: May 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 689

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions