The YoWorld Podcast: Episode 52!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

The YoWorld Podcast: Episode 52!

Postby Viking Trevor » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Hey YoFans!

It's Episode 52 of the YoWorld Podcast, and Jacob, Trevor, Jess, and Cameron take to the microphones to talk about brand new features and themes making their way into the game! They also read off player postcards postcards, talk about your YoUniversity dorm rooms, and finish things up by tackling some of your questions!

The next episode of the YoWorld Podcast will be bringing in some changes based on YOUR feedback, so make sure to stay tuned!

Give it a listen by clicking HERE.

Past episodes!
Episode 51 | Episode 50 | Episode 49 | Episode 48 | Episode 47 | Episode 46 | Episode 45.2 | Episode 45 | Episode 44 | Episode 43 | Episode 42 | Episode 41 | Episode 40 | Episode 39 | Episode 38 | Episode 37 | Episode 36 | Episode 35 | Episode 34 | Episode 33 | Episode 32 | Episode 31 | Episode 30 | Episode 29 | Episode 28 | Episode 27 | Episode 26 | Episode 25 | Episode 24 | Episode 23 | Episode 22 | Episode 21 | Episode 20 | Episode 19 | Episode 18 | Episode 17 | Episode 16 | Episode 15 | Episode 14 | Episode 13 | Episode 12 | Episode 11 | Episode 10 | Episode 9 | Episode 8 | Episode 7 | Episode 6 | Episode 5 | Episode 4 | Episode 3 | Episode 2 | Episode 1

Leave your reviews for BVG here:
Google | Facebook

- Postcards
- YoWorld Mobile Companion Updates
- Your YoU Dorm Rooms
- Player Questions
- Question for YoFans!

Features
Happy Birthday is still on its way! Once it launches, you'll be able to set your birthday to receive a special birthday-surprise!

We have also made a number of improvements to how your support requests are being looked-after. Our amazing Player Happiness Engineers have been shortening response-time, and bringing in a new "repayment tool" to help cover any refunded or declined purchases - getting you back in the game faster!

Art Updates
Exams at YoUniversity are just finishing up, and Halloween is on-deck! Our team has been hard at work with fun and spooky ideas and cannot wait to bring some creative content your way.

Our first Decor Design Contest has wrapped up and our artists are currently working on the items. Be on the look-out for them soon!

Postcards!
Thanks so much to all those who sent us in postcards for this episode - it's been a while since we've had this many! As always, we love reading them on the podcast, and hope to see more from you in the future. We're going to be changing up the prizes soon for the Postcard draws, so send them in now to get them entered!

300-285 King St.
London, Ontario, Canada
N6B 3M6

YoWorld Mobile Companion App Updates!
Cameron is back! He jumps in to give some more information, news, and updates on fixes to the YoWorld Mobile Companion app. We can't thank you all enough for your support and passion for this new YoWorld adventure, and if you have any more ideas, suggestions, or feedback, check out this Forum section here: viewforum.php?f=19

Your YoU Dorm Rooms
Some neat, some messy, and some that sound downright outrageous. We asked you on the last podcast what your YoU dorm room would look like, and you delivered. Listen in to hear your answers!

Player Questions
    How much do you get by sending in a postcard, jw - Rawr
    To help cover the cost of shipping; 5 YoCash for North America, and 10 YoCash for everywhere else!

When would you guys do a facebook live? Or do a podcast but like in a video? - stranger
    It's something that we've talked about! We don't have plans at this point in time, but we hope to break into video content down the road.

When I open up the auction house, I don't like how the default setting is ""coin high to low""
    I always change that to ""coin low to high""
    Is it possible that you could make it so that we can change our default settings on how the auction house is sorted, so players can open up the auction house and it remains how we want it to be sorted?
    - ViolaRae Gold
    This is a great suggestion, and something we will absolutely include as a consideration for an updated Auction House!

Would you be able to make the companion app available in the Windows app store?
    I want to be able to have it on my tablet, which is a Windows 8 tablet, and my phone is too old to handle it.
    - ViolaRae Gold
    Not at this point in time, unfortunately. If there is a greater demand we may find it possible to put a team on making it a reality, but we hope you're able to use a different device until then!

Are you planning on adding new places on the YoWorld map? - Liam YFR
    We have tons of ideas, but whether or not they are possible will take quite a bit of work.

Can you please verify that BVG is NOT turning on free gifts for you if you request it by a ticket? - Peace
    We have strict policies to maintain the Free Gift (or untradeable) status of items, and it's certainly not something that we are able to do via support tickets.

Question-When will we get coin hairs on timers? - April
    Hair items, because they are detailed and intricate, take quite some time to put together and usually are sold for Cash. That said, we do occasionally release Coin hairs and may consider putting them on timers at some point in the future.

Did the Robin mentioned on Podcast work for Tiny Speck on Glitch and the Journey game? If so ... Awesome sauce! - Thursday Soleil
    Not that we know of, but she is still a crazy cool person and has worked on some great titles in the past!

Are we getting new/more music tracks? - PiiE
    Music tracks are an undiscovered part of the game to our Development Team at this point. We do hope to look into how they work at some point in the future, but don't have any plans at the moment.

I love the mobile app, great job with that, will there be an option to buy yc or coin using a mobile phone on there any time soon? - Koats
    Because the in-app purchases are completed using your device's App Store, they will need to make this option available. Facebook is different in that they are able to allow this is a payment method, but unfortunately we personally don't have the ability to make this possible.

So..... when you do the next podcast I'd love to know if you will ever think about re-releasing the tee-shirts we could buy. I bought mine and it is getting well worn... :nerd:
    In fact I wore it when I met up with a long time Yo Friend last week.. we walked miles and it got a wee bit sweaty. :haha:
    So.... is there a chance of buying more?
    And where are you all hiding?
    - Lainie
    We do! We'll be releasing a whole bunch of new t-shirts with a brand new provider. We're in the design stages at this point, but hope to have more details soon.

Question for YoFans
Where do you play Yo on the go? Let us know where you play the YoWorld Mobile Companion app. If you feel comfortable enough, take a picture. We'll be giving out some prizes to participating players at random!

Your assignments this week...
  • Download the YoWorld Mobile Companion App and give it a go! On iOS (Apple Devices) and Android!
  • Send us in a postcard! As always, you get a bit of YoCash, get a chance to win a BVG t-shirt, and have it read on the air!
  • Like us on Facebook, hit us up on the forums, and don’t be shy - say “hi” in the game if you see us!

If you have concerns or problems, let us know using the Help tab above the game!
Viking Trevor
YoWorld Level: 274

Forum Posts: 1257
Forum Title: YoWorld Team
Location: Check out them Twitters: https://twitter.com/viking_trevor

Re: The YoWorld Podcast: Episode 52!

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Halloween! Thats all i got out of that... Oh, and I can vouch for the sweaty yo shirt of lainie's!! She needs a new one asap!! :D
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
You will have to imagine my Tardis in space, with a Snorty by its side because photobucket doesnt want me to win.

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 7165
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby BrandonPLUSH (3852887) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Could you make it so that we can buy the dollar deals etc through the app? so we can just transfer the cash and coins over and the items are automatically credited to the account. this would give us the option to buy the deals using Google Play and Apple store credit :)
Join PLUSH Trade Centre on Facebook here with over 2500 members!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/541166186034425/
Check out my space station! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11234815

BrandonPLUSH (3852887)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 20, 2008

Forum Posts: 727
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Rawr (186765003) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:22 pm

BrandonPLUSH (3852887) wrote:Could you make it so that we can buy the dollar deals etc through the app? so we can just transfer the cash and coins over and the items are automatically credited to the account. this would give us the option to buy the deals using Google Play and Apple store credit :)

I don't think Facebook would be too happy about that? ;)
Rawr (186765003)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 3469
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Rawr (186765003) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:23 pm

OMG BVG Answered my Question! :love: :haha:
10 YoCash you say? ;)
Tempting.. Hopefully the prizes will be in-game items? :silly:
Rawr (186765003)

Postby BrandonPLUSH (3852887) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Rawr (186765003) wrote:
BrandonPLUSH (3852887) wrote:Could you make it so that we can buy the dollar deals etc through the app? so we can just transfer the cash and coins over and the items are automatically credited to the account. this would give us the option to buy the deals using Google Play and Apple store credit :)

You can already buy cash packs through the app and transfer them over so I can't see why it would be a problem, plus I'd rather give Google a cut of my money than Zuckerberg haha

BrandonPLUSH (3852887)

Postby Rawr (186765003) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:31 pm

BrandonPLUSH (3852887) wrote:
Rawr (186765003) wrote:

You can already buy cash packs through the app and transfer them over so I can't see why it would be a problem, plus I'd rather give Google a cut of my money than Zuckerberg haha

I don't even know how they get away with that to be honest...
I reckon it'd be pretty manipulative doing this behind Facebook's back. Not sure if BVG would be allowed to? Pretty sure they got told off by Facebook for having their store where you could support them 100%
I don't blame Facebook for getting annoyed tbh - if you were the owner of Facebook, and somebody was taking the money that Facebook use to maintain, manage and update their site, you'd be pretty pissed too?
Rawr (186765003)

Postby BrandonPLUSH (3852887) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Rawr (186765003) wrote:
BrandonPLUSH (3852887) wrote:
Rawr (186765003) wrote:

I don't even know how they get away with that to be honest...
I reckon it'd be pretty manipulative doing this behind Facebook's back. Not sure if BVG would be allowed to? Pretty sure they got told off by Facebook for having their store where you could support them 100%
I don't blame Facebook for getting annoyed tbh - if you were the owner of Facebook, and somebody was taking the money that Facebook use to maintain, manage and update their site, you'd be pretty pissed too?

I don't think that's a problem so there's no worries of any of that going on, I'm sure it's allowed otherwise they wouldn't already do it :)

BrandonPLUSH (3852887)

Postby Waypast (8906556) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:01 pm

How about a change up of gifts in the chests....AND different prizes on the app!
Image ......... "I'm not afraid of dying,I just don't want to be there when it happens" Woody Allen

<<<apt. link in globe.Ride my Tardis :)
Waypast (8906556)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 428
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Minx (11721472) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Can you make a solid black wall paper that looks Black like the Good VS Evil house flooring. The original black wall paper looks dark grey not true black.
Maybe even some with a bit of a pattern to it. :heart:
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/index.php?d=APLiving-11721472
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Minx (11721472)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 1159
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Minx (11721472) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Oh and I have a suggestion for a new tv/video veiwer one where we could upload our favorite youtube video to it would be awesome :smug: :heart:
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/index.php?d=APLiving-11721472
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Minx (11721472)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 1159
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby HollyLuYah IMHI (109849093) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:49 pm

So excited and just love that you got my postcard. You did a great job pronouncing Lake Pontchartrain (Ponch-a-train). :D
Thank you so much. Is it alright to send you guys homemade sweet treats? Just curious as I am planning on making some Pecan Pralines for the holidays (and some other candies maybe) and thought you would like to try some.

As for this weeks question: I log onto the YoWorld Companion App many times throughout the day but my favorite time is at night during those pesky commercials that interrupt my favorite shows (I mean I COULD talk to my husband, but meh! the app is more fun..LOL). :heart:

HollyLuYah IMHI (109849093)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 229
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Thank You for answering my question! Much appreciated!
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 9403
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Everyone likes to have pudding :D I am procrastinating about procrastination.

Postby STaRsHaSPaRKLesYOFA (104185601) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:12 pm

I have a few idea's. First I think we should have a signature button when we gift others prizes they won or want to add a personal touch that we can add a signature when we gift by checking off a box after said signature is saved. It would make it easier for all. Especially Administrators of contest pages like myself. Secondly I'd love to have the ability to disable the Reject All button on receiving daily chests. I must've rejected some this week by accident and lost a bunch of chests.

:idea: :?: :smug: :D :thumbsup: :bye: :star:

STaRsHaSPaRKLesYOFA (104185601)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 542

Postby PiiE (187154179) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Thank you for answering my question!! :hug:
PiiE (187154179)
YoWorld Level: 62
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2016

Forum Posts: 1534
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:26 pm

Thanks for mentioning my dorm room. I have also started work on a student activities center and another dorm for the guys. This has been a lot of fun thinking back 50+ years ago to my college days. Sorry no beer parties back then. :D

About the name changes. In YFD (YoWorld Fire Department) we have ranks depending on how active you are and how much responsibility you take on. TM is for team mate. LT is for Lieutenant. Cpt is for Captain. DivCdr is for Division Commander. AssisChief is for Assistant Chief. Chief is not abbreviated. We have many different departments, some for community service and some for fun. Currently there are 5,667 members. We build event rooms and get outfits to wear to our events. Thanks for keeping us supplied. :)

I have a question. Is there any way to make it possible to specify how many of a particular item is transferred from inventory to a room?
Last edited by DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275) on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 780

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:16 am

I don't understand that money thing. Do I have to do anything on my end or it is auto on your end? Do I have to give you another payment method or type something out? Say for example somebody bought many of the dollar deals and the fraud detection causes some of the dollar deals to be refunded by fb but player already got their yocash/coins/item while Bvg didn't get the monies even though player got their stuff from the transaction. So old process was player account got locked, Bvg invoices player, player pays the amount owing and account unlocked. How does this auto thing you mention going to work in this process? Is it after Bvg fails to get the monies due to the refund, Bvg automatically do another charge so the amount owing gets charged to player's card without player having to get locked out while waiting for invoice? Or when there is refund by fb, the yocash/coins/item automatically gets taken out of player's account as in cancel the transaction? I'm listening to that part of the podcast few times and I still don't get it :wailing: .

I got that dollar deal trouble before. Bought 2 dollar deals and the fb only charged me for one. I asked them why only charge me one when I bought 2. The fb agent said cause one of them was a bank charge to verify my card. I keep telling the fellow, no is not a bank charge. I bought 2 dollar deals so please charge me for 2 or Bvg will lock my game till they get their monies. Ding donged with them over this for some time with the fellow keep insisting is a bank charge (facepalm). This is first time I have to beg a company to charge me card wth. I tell you, they are aliens working there. Ok anyhoo long story short, I rather put some holding money with you people till cases like mine get resolved so I can still continue playing while the banks and fb sort it out instead of getting locked out a month from the game. After it sorted out, you can credit with yocash equivalent the holding money. Btw out of the 3 agents that responded, one of them was smart enough to finally send me the bill and I paid it :phew: .

Cam has a great voice timbre :) .
Last edited by Toink Toink (117686344) on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 6023
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby April (125585474) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:13 am

VIP- in events whats it for? Is VIP going to get their own store items? What are we to expect as VIP to see in our futures?

Game performance- takes longer-edit,loading,trading,and just walking...I have been playing yo for quite sometime and have noticed this...-Is the viking team working on this issue or have plans to in the future? :D

Looking forward to Halloween! I really enjoyed the separate themes and the release times of each last season! I believe u made all styles of ppl happy -creepy/playful/and traditional.. keep up the good work! :balloon:

April (125585474)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 523

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:26 am

New tee shirts needed by early November.. ;) I suppose that's not going to happen... well I'll wear my newly washed sweaty one when I meet another 3 friends... :haha:

Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 3440

Postby fbyosallplay (4152024) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:45 am

funny pod :balloon: how did jacob get away with not living in a dorms 1st year?

so if i installed windows 10 half way does that
mean i am running on w 9.5 :)

gifts> <3
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... ng-4152024
>https://youtu.be/DAFQFaVB1dg
fbyosallplay (4152024)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 26, 2008

Forum Posts: 93
Forum Title: YoNovice

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions