The YoWorld Podcast: Episode 49!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

The YoWorld Podcast: Episode 49!

Postby Viking Trevor » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Viking Jess wrote:Hey everyone!

Episode 50 is going to be a very special event, happening (with 99% certainty) on Friday, August 12th. Stay tuned - more news is coming soon!

Until then, keep your questions coming :heart:

Hey YoFans!

First off, if you haven’t filled out our super-cool Podcast Survey, please let us know your feedback by clicking HERE and filling it out! If you have already filled it out, thanks!

This week on the YoWorld Podcast, Jacob, Jess, and Trevor are here to answer your Player Questions! There are quite a few we respond to this week, so we get the chance to spread some knowledge about potential features, themes, and things that you hope to see added to the game! We answered as many as possible, but because we ran out of time, we’ll have to save some of them for our next episode.

Give it a listen by clicking HERE.

Next time you listen in, the Podcast will be turning 50!
Make sure you stay up-to-date on the Forums for more details, because there will be some sweet things going on!

Also, for the 50th podcast, we want YOU to tell us about your favorite YoMemories from the last year. We'll be reading some out on the special 50th episode and spreading some classic YoWorld cheer!

:heart: :hug:

Past episodes!
Episode 48 | Episode 47 | Episode 46 | Episode 45.2 | Episode 45 | Episode 44 | Episode 43 | Episode 42 | Episode 41 | Episode 40 | Episode 39 | Episode 38 | Episode 37 | Episode 36 | Episode 35 | Episode 34 | Episode 33 | Episode 32 | Episode 31 | Episode 30 | Episode 29 | Episode 28 | Episode 27 | Episode 26 | Episode 25 | Episode 24 | Episode 23 | Episode 22 | Episode 21 | Episode 20 | Episode 19 | Episode 18 | Episode 17 | Episode 16 | Episode 15 | Episode 14 | Episode 13 | Episode 12 | Episode 11 | Episode 10 | Episode 9 | Episode 8 | Episode 7 | Episode 6 | Episode 5 | Episode 4 | Episode 3 | Episode 2 | Episode 1

Leave your reviews for BVG here:
Google | Facebook

Submit your trivia questions for our team here:
Click here

- What Are Your Summer Vacation Plans?
- Player Questions
- Question for YoFans!

Features
Between the time that we had recorded the podcast and when it has been uploaded, we’re happy to let you know that VIP is out! CELEBRATIONS! FANFARE!

Make sure you click on these exciting links to learn more about what VIP could mean to you!
Learn more about the details

Art Updates
Lots of things have been happening on the Art Updates side! Our Street Style Fashion Contest has come to a close, and the winning designs are currently in the works! Our brand new theme, UK Fashion, has already some great items get added to the game, including our new graffiti-themed character, Yonksy! We’re excited to see where this release goes, so stay tuned!

Postcards!
No new Postcards this week! If you’re looking for your chance to win a BVG t-shirt, signed by members of the YoWorld team, make sure you send your postcards to this address:

300-285 King St.
London, Ontario, Canada
N6B 3M6

What Are Your Summer Vacation Plans?
Last podcast we asked you what your Summer Vacation Plans are, and we got some answers! A few of you have very similar vacation plans to us, and some of you even live your vacation every single day of the summer! :drool:

Player Questions
    Can we please discuss either changing the contest winning catagory to Beginner,Expert,Pro so beginners can have a chance at winning a design or decorating contest?Or whatever the vikings can come up with for beginner designers/decorators? Not all of us have the tools the pro's use and makes it limited to the peeps that enter. - Crystal
    We’ll definitely consider it! The hard part is that the more experienced designers make it easier for our Art Team to add the designs into the game, but it is something that we’ve wanted to do!

Is it possible that you could make it so we can enable and disable [room arrow visibility] in settings, seeing as how some people want the arrows to show through tiles and others don't? - ViolaRae 2HotGold
    We’ll see it it’s possible, but it may be a much bigger task than you might think. It’s likely not as simple as “remove or show”, but worth investigating!

Can we ever get a place in the bank where let's say you put 2 yc and it gives you back 40k it like changes your currency so like that we won't need to go look for a YC dealer? - LRH VallyGurl2hot
    It’s a neat idea, but because there are groups of players who play the game for reasons of trading YoCash for YoCoins, it’s likely this may not be changed. If anything, we may look into opportunities for making it safer for players to trade and help enhance this social part of the game.

For when you record the next podcast :haha: What, if any, food are you eating? :silly:
    (better be pringles!)
    - PinkSnowDrop
    In case Jacob’s family is reading this, he ate very healthily today.

Will you ever revamp the Starter Clothes, Hairs, and Eyes? Would be so cool to see what you came up with. - StarshaSparklesHTC
    We did! New players to the game have all new (previously-released) starter clothes and features that are currently available in the Store. We wanted to update them with some more current items.

Will there ever be a Mafia III Theme? - PatminPADRINO
    Maybe!

in the free gifts tab will we ever see freebies again for each theme. Since the chests don't get changed with each theme it would be great to see this option. Something similar to what you have in Fishworld. These freebies were fantastic for decorating, all the added bits and pieces that finish a room. - Fermithekrog YBLA
    This is a really challenging feature. Because we have a large number of Free Items being given out in the Newsletter, at the beginning of each theme, and in Mystery Chests, we don’t quite have the resources to add more at this point in time - but it’s always on our minds.

Can you please fix the avenues so that they show when trying to connect to another ave....I find the 4 ways stop showing after only one home is attached- 3 connections are wasted...and homes that are already attached show in edit as if they have nothing attached. - Lee Balony
    We are aware of the challenges that players have with Avenues. The best way to fix these issues is to remove all existing connections from an Avenue and “work backwards” by making the connections in the Avenues you’re trying to connect to. If you’re still having trouble, send us a support ticket using the Help tab!

We have not had "Dan's thoughts" on Podcast in a really long time - Thursday Soleil
    You’re right. We have a few for you guys ;)

if u redo the AH [...] will u set up a survey for players to collect AH suggestions? - TheMyst
    Whether it’s with a survey, Forum threads, or ticket submissions, there’s no way we could make updates to the Auction House without your ideas!

Can we please get rid of, delete, or sell the beginner hairs - Mojo
    Unfortunately not. It’s a lot more complicated than it may seem.

Dear Vikings, I know it takes a while to think of, and build themes, that said have you already flung around (or came up with) any Halloween theme ideas? - Dahlia
    Absolutely. We love Hallowe’en just as much as YoFans do. We started coming up with and recording ideas the day after it had ended last year!

What theme has been the most profitable so far? - Autumn Glory
    “Profitable” is a bit of a tough term, as a lot of factors go into what makes a theme “profitable” for the game. That said, Hallowe’en is definitely up there!

Trevor...Tell us something about Jacob that others don't know , same question to Jacob for Trevor - Crystal
    This was a lot harder than we thought!

how will payment for vip working? Is it for each months or year? is payment for long experience ?
    I hope payment can be for card payments or can you gifting vip to friends?
    - ooooooooooooooooooo
    VIP Is out! Details should be found right here!

I've never listened to a podcast with jess in it! I love your voice jess! - PinkSnowDrop
    Thanks! We’re sure you have a lovely voice too!

When are we going to get a tab where it can be like the lottery and the money accumulates and you pick like 5 numbers then a week later they announce the winners and stuff like that? it would be really neat and entertaining it can be like 10k for a ticket and lets say the total prize is like 7m - LRH VallyGurl2hot
    This comes down to something that we can or cannot do based on Facebook’s Rules and Regulations for Contests and Distributions. Something we want to do, but not directly in our sights at the moment.

Which you are soup, salad, sandwich, or pasta person? - ooooooooooooooooooo
    This doesn’t seem like a fair question.

The players have been waiting for YoWorld.com for a while now, can the patients of the players, be rewarded, perhaps with an even deeper inside scoop of how that project's been coming along? - Anthony
    While it is an important part of our long-term plans for YoWorld, it has been put on hold for a little while. Have a listen to this answer for a bit more detail.

Are there any theme or feature ideas that were ever brought up in the office that never really happened? - Anthony
    All the time! For every theme that makes it into the game, we probably have a few dozen ideas! It’s just a matter of how well they’ll work, and how much time we have.

I'm curious why it appears the same set of players questions get answered while others do not. I have gone through forums and looked at others questions and while they all run the gamut, there have been some pretty legit questions but they were never chosen. It appears that favoritism is being shown among those who choose the questions to be read. - Arianna
    All the questions that we answer are chosen without looking at player names, and can depend on a number of things, but it’s never approached from a “favouritism” perspective. Have a listen to learn a little bit more about how we select questions for the podcast!

Your assignments this week...
  • Your question this week: What's your favorite YoMemory from the last year!
  • Next up is our 50th podcast! Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for details!
  • Send us in some postcards! We’ll read ‘em out on the next podcast and they’ll be entered into a draw for a Big Viking t-shirt!
  • Like us on Facebook, hit us up on the forums, and don’t be shy - say “hi” in the game if you see us!

If you have concerns or problems, let us know using the Help tab above the game!
Viking Trevor
YoWorld Level: 274

Forum Posts: 1257
Forum Title: YoWorld Team
Location: Check out them Twitters: https://twitter.com/viking_trevor

Re: The YoWorld Podcast: Episode 49!

Postby Crystal (144993945) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Ty for answering my questions guys :thumbsup:
Hope ya'll figure out the contest's issue :thumbsup:
I can tell Trevor & Jacob played it safe with the No-one knows question :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Nice responses guys :thumbsup: :D made me laugh :haha: :hug:

Question of the week: My Favorite Yomemory is all the Bundle/Dollar deals that we got :haha: Hope they continue :thumbsup: ;) :D

In-Put from the vikings: :idea: I had an idea about the design contests and would like to know what ya'll think.
What about a design board (kinda like the paint board but with a male/fem avatar on it and instead of shapes and lines to choose
from we have starter shirts,pants,shoes ect to choose from N draw from thereafter? I'm talking about BV making a design board to incorporate in game that contests for beginners can use or anyone .No different then the graffiti contest. Along those lines...maybe ya'll can tweek the idea anyways!!!!???
Last edited by Crystal (144993945) on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"La Vita e Bella"
Crystal (144993945)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 3757
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby ooooooooooooooooooo (131523609) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:25 pm

THank you for answer my questions.
I am listen to pod now.
I am grateful
ooooooooooooooooooo (131523609)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 195
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Desi (107663561) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:44 pm

I always enjoy the podcasts when I am able to sit & listen!!! :D I'm really excited for the 50th episode!! woo hoo!!! :party: :hug:

Thanks for tackling so many of our questions, I appreciate the thoughtfulness you put into answering, as well as the genuine concern towards the YoWorld community.

My favorite YoWorld Memory... hmmm... only one?? lol. While I truly love some of the themes that have come out over the past year.. [Paris is at the top of my list]...my favorite memory was April Fool's. I haven't laughed so much in game in a LONG time, or had so much fun watching the spinning avatars with subsequent motion sickness by the end of the day, or the resulting comments/hilarity. I felt like it was more fun for me because I knew how much fun BVG had releasing it. Brilliant.

BTW: I am adding "Visit Jacob" to my bucket list so that I can sample his soups. I love a good soup & it doesn't matter what time of year it is!!

Thank You, again, for all that you / BVG is doing for us. Rock on. :star:
\m/ Keeping calm & Yo~ing on \m/

Desi (107663561)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 66
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Angel (137411709) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:44 pm

I was decorating while listening to the podcast and was wondering if you could make some tiles to allow us to change the layout of a room? Like the roadside avenue, I like my character to move from one room to another and it flows properly. The road goes the opposite way to the arrows to the next room. So I wanted to connect 3 avenues so I would move along the road from one avenue to the next. The theme has some road tiles which are awesome (TYVM!!) but a part of the old pavement sticks out and I can't find a matching floor tile to cover it up. This isn't the first time this has happened so I thought maybe with each theme you could make a couple of floor tiles from the floors in the new houses you give us? I assume its easy to copy a portion of the floor and make a tile of it but I'm sure there is more to it since when floor tiles repeat they can look odd but we could use pieces between to make it look more natural. I'll post a picture showing exactly what I mean.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1470533192972183&set=a.1470533182972184.1073741828.100000465501635&type=3&size=764%2C964

Angel (137411709)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 362
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby ooooooooooooooooooo (131523609) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:01 pm

:dizzy:
Last edited by ooooooooooooooooooo (131523609) on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby ooooooooooooooooooo (131523609) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:06 pm

:dizzy:
Last edited by ooooooooooooooooooo (131523609) on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:20 pm

Viking Trevor wrote:What theme has been the most profitable so far? - Autumn Glory
“Profitable” is a bit of a tough term, as a lot of factors go into what makes a theme “profitable” for the game. That said, Hallowe’en is definitely up there!

I just knew us creepers would really support Halloween...... :haha: :haha: :haha:
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 7588
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:22 pm

ooooooooooooooooooo (131523609) wrote:im confuse why worker for game i love make fun my name?
it sets for others to do too.
I am very hurt. this is honesty
thank you for single out me.
I love Yoworld and everyone still I just feel injure some
I am having bad week I will no longer make comment

I don't think they were making fun of your name at all. I think they really enjoyed saying your name! It is a great name. :)
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 7588

Postby Crystal (144993945) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:24 pm

ooooooooooooooooooo (131523609) wrote:im confuse why worker for game i love make fun my name?
it sets for others to do too.
I am very hurt. this is honesty
thank you for single out me.
I love Yoworld and everyone still I just feel injure some
I am having bad week I will no longer make comment

Don't take it personal,They joke with everyone .....your not the first and won't be the last just saying.
Maybe try changing your name if your not happy with it.How else do you pronounce a bunch of O's?
"La Vita e Bella"
Crystal (144993945)
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 3757
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby BoBo BBPP (103586206) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:38 pm

:eh:
Last edited by BoBo BBPP (103586206) on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoBo BBPP (103586206)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: May 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 180

Postby fbyosallplay (4152024) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Fave memories : The crayon houses and giant plants.. and .................................... the mime theme

so if i installed windows 10 half way does that
mean i am running on w 9.5 :)

gifts> <3
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... ng-4152024
>https://youtu.be/DAFQFaVB1dg

fbyosallplay (4152024)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 26, 2008

Forum Posts: 91
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby VallyGurl2hot (155772103) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Thank you so much for answering my questions :hug: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: Hope it can happen someday :drool: :?: :love: :love:
VallyGurl2hot (155772103)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 1220
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby TheMyst (186289419) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:48 am

thank u for answering my question! :rose:

Vikings! can u increase the amount of item slots in AH for VIP members? instead of the 5 coins / 5 yc slots can u let VIPs set up 10 coin / 10 yc items in there?
TheMyst (186289419)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 09, 2015

Forum Posts: 2835
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Fermithekrog YED (1195434) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:34 am

Thank you for answering my question however I am somewhat confused

in the free gifts tab will we ever see freebies again for each theme. Since the chests don't get changed with each theme it would be great to see this option. Something similar to what you have in Fishworld. These freebies were fantastic for decorating, all the added bits and pieces that finish a room. - Fermithekrog YBLA
This is a really challenging feature. Because we have a large number of Free Items being given out in the Newsletter, at the beginning of each theme, and in Mystery Chests, we don’t quite have the resources to add more at this point in time - but it’s always on our minds.

You commented here saying you have a large number of free items being given out in the Newsletter, there is one item at the beginning of each month and these are clothing items only so far. Are you basing the 'many' on the amount of players that receive this singular item? There are items in the chest but as we already know these are changed infrequently. You have many freebies in Fishworld yet manage to provide items in the gifts tab that you can send to each other. I don't understand why this would be so difficult.

I am not talking about high end items. Why don't you take the items out of the chests and just leave coins in there. Add rugs, windows, vases, plants etc.. odds and ends to the gifts tab, making it easier for decorators to obtain these useful items. Even regurgitating older items (coin lesser value) could work in there too if the issue is the time it takes to create new items. Just a thought :D

Fermithekrog YED (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 5555
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby ButterCup (7655582) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:39 am

Mail sure is slow...

I sent a postcard over a week ago!
Come visit me by clicking the Siggy

ButterCup (7655582)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 636
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:49 am

Your question this week: What's your favorite YoMemory from the last year

lol Do you even have to ask

the freaking amazing disappearing tardis of course :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

My trivia quiz.. which with a bit of luck trevor might know

What is the nickname Amy Pond gave the Doctor?
Madman
Spaceman
Raggedy Man
Alien Boy
Last edited by Amy Pond (117302962) on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amy Pond (117302962)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 4212
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby ViolaRae Latorio (177818762) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:31 am

There were so many memories from the past year on this game.
Some of the best were Viking parties I have attended. All of you Vikings can be so amazing and cheerful, and that is just one of my many reasons for playing this game. :heart:
Also, I loved the player designed outfits from the contests. Those were great, and I think we need more of these contests.
Image <--- Key
Wishlist | Pomegranate | Instagram
Stv | Froshty | Rafa | ♥ Aaron ♥ | Kraze | Adam | Milky | SE4N | GREG
I love all things Jumba.
ViolaRae Latorio (177818762)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: May 16, 2011

Forum Posts: 7574
Location: ♥ In Love With Pomegranates ♥ But I love Aaron too, I guess ♥

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:16 am

Re the whole "when should items leave the store" thing, can some of the older themes in clothing please leave :haha: I understand that furniture has to stay but there are soooo many clothing themes that should leave :haha:

Having a listen to the rest of the podcast hehe (can't hear anything different to the podcasts we usually get :haha: )
Image Image
"Que será, será....Whatever will be, will be" ♛

PinkSnowDrop (115645703)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 14568
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby CountryDude89 (11877186) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:27 pm

My best yo memory from the past year, is finally getting a proper dinosaur theme, that i have wanted for years. And with it being released only a mere week and a half or so, before my real birthday, it felt like it was more then a coincidence.
CountryDude89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 205
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 17148
Forum Title: YoFiend

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions