[ANNOUNCEMENT] Playtesting and YOU! (April 24th, 2020)

Important game and forum information can be found here.

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Playtesting and YOU! (April 24th, 2020)

Postby Viking Sarah » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Hey YoFans!

We’ve got a long road ahead of us, but the next generation of YoWorld is in the works, and we need YOUR help to make it awesome!

Going forward, groups of players who have been selected at random will be invited to participate in a Playtest to try out some of the key features we’ve been working on. These features are still a little rough around the edges, and may even be a tad glitchy, but now is the time to hear your input so we can make the next Playtest even better!

What is a Playtest?
    A Playtest will put you into a test environment that looks and feels similar to YoWorld, but is an early rendition of the next generation of YoWorld that our team has been working on.

This environment is still very much “under construction” and does not necessarily represent what the end result will be - so please mind our hard hats and hammers as you test. The Playtest environment will open right in your browser -- you will not need to download any new program.

What will I need to do in the Playtest?
    Play, of course! Each Playtest will be aimed towards a new feature or function that we're working on, and basic instructions will be provided during each test. These can range anywhere from decorating tests, to costume tests, to overall gameplay tests.

How can I be selected to participate in a Playtest?
    Groups of players who will be participating in Playtests have been chosen at random, and will be notified via a pop-up when they load YoWorld. These groups will change for different tests, so there is a possibility that YOU will be selected to participate!

Why do I have to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement? (NDA)
    *ahem - puts on lawyer voice* If you're selected for a Playtest, the NDA is our way of ensuring the new information you will be viewing is secure from an intellectual property standpoint. By agreeing to the NDA, you agree to not share or distribute any of the new information or gameplay that you will have access to during the Playtest.

I found bugs and glitches in the Playtest, what now?
    When you are finished with the Playtest, you will be given the opportunity to have your voice heard, including listing out any bugs or glitches you may have encountered.

There are features in the Playtest that I love and/or hate - how can I share my feedback?
    Much like above if you encounter a bug or glitch, we absolutely want to hear from you regarding your overall opinions! You will be given the opportunity to do this during your Playtest.

Can I opt out of being a Playtester?
    While there is no way to officially opt out of being a Playtester, you do not have to proceed with the test should you receive a pop-up in game. Simply close out of it to continue with your regular YoWorld adventures.

Of course, participating in this new and exciting path for YoWorld is entirely voluntary, we hope you are as excited about this as we are, and are eager to check it out! With your help and feedback, we can all shape the future of YoWorld!

Please note that if you choose not to participate in a Playtest, you may still receive a pop-up in the future for another Playtest if you are selected at random again.

We are very excited to start sharing some of the progress we've made on the next generation of YoWorld, and we are looking forward to hearing what you all have to say about it!

For general comments and questions, please leave them below! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 313

Forum Posts: 847
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Playtesting and YOU! (April 24th, 2020)

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Sounds interesting :D
Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4409
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Sounds Intresting but got no pop up wanted to try it out like testing new things.

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 18030
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Throbby (126579776) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:19 pm

I nominate Liam & YoJohn. No one knows more about what is right and wrong with Yo than they do. :haha:

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
Throbby (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 337
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 41862
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Lippy (185643699) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Rodzilla (126579776) wrote:I nominate Liam & YoJohn. No one knows more about what is right and wrong with Yo than they do. :haha:

:thumbsup:
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Lippy (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 389
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 12588
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:22 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hug:
Exciting times ahead ..... the take home message for me was the phrase 'next generation'!!!!! :haha:
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10880
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:25 pm

That was one of my early IT jobs--software testing. I'd love it and promise not to tell a soul...
:shh:
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 14441
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby AlyssaRose (185638698) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm

ooooo i wanna be tested

AlyssaRose (185638698)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 07, 2014

Forum Posts: 3425
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Whimsy Q (111680020) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:28 pm

How long does the testing play last before it goes back to the regular way to play? Thank you for any info.

Whimsy Q (111680020)
YoWorld Level: 398
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby RoZ Henry (187614711) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:28 pm

I would love to be selected to test the new updates its my 25th tomorrow would be amazing XD XD
RoZ Henry (187614711)
YoWorld Level: 235
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 19, 2018

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Will this include people using the desktop app as well as people logging in from other browsers?

Having testers from a selection of popular browsers would probably be useful.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates --Mark Twain

Wherever you stand, be the soul of that place. --Rumi

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 3173
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Cherryl (126509357) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:30 pm

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Cherryl (126509357)
YoWorld Level: 355
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 102
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Dowa (113487729) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:32 pm

I'd love the chance to be a have a chance to be a Playtester :D
Viking Sarah wrote:Hey YoFans!

We’ve got a long road ahead of us, but the next generation of YoWorld is in the works, and we need YOUR help to make it awesome!

Going forward, groups of players who have been selected at random will be invited to participate in a Playtest to try out some of the key features we’ve been working on. These features are still a little rough around the edges, and may even be a tad glitchy, but now is the time to hear your input so we can make the next Playtest even better!

What is a Playtest?
    A Playtest will put you into a test environment that looks and feels similar to YoWorld, but is an early rendition of the next generation of YoWorld that our team has been working on.

This environment is still very much “under construction” and does not necessarily represent what the end result will be - so please mind our hard hats and hammers as you test. The Playtest environment will open right in your browser -- you will not need to download any new program.

What will I need to do in the Playtest?
    Play, of course! Each Playtest will be aimed towards a new feature or function that we're working on, and basic instructions will be provided during each test. These can range anywhere from decorating tests, to costume tests, to overall gameplay tests.

How can I be selected to participate in a Playtest?
    Groups of players who will be participating in Playtests have been chosen at random, and will be notified via a pop-up when they load YoWorld. These groups will change for different tests, so there is a possibility that YOU will be selected to participate!

Why do I have to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement? (NDA)
    *ahem - puts on lawyer voice* If you're selected for a Playtest, the NDA is our way of ensuring the new information you will be viewing is secure from an intellectual property standpoint. By agreeing to the NDA, you agree to not share or distribute any of the new information or gameplay that you will have access to during the Playtest.

I found bugs and glitches in the Playtest, what now?
    When you are finished with the Playtest, you will be given the opportunity to have your voice heard, including listing out any bugs or glitches you may have encountered.

There are features in the Playtest that I love and/or hate - how can I share my feedback?
    Much like above if you encounter a bug or glitch, we absolutely want to hear from you regarding your overall opinions! You will be given the opportunity to do this during your Playtest.

Can I opt out of being a Playtester?
    While there is no way to officially opt out of being a Playtester, you do not have to proceed with the test should you receive a pop-up in game. Simply close out of it to continue with your regular YoWorld adventures.

Of course, participating in this new and exciting path for YoWorld is entirely voluntary, we hope you are as excited about this as we are, and are eager to check it out! With your help and feedback, we can all shape the future of YoWorld!

Please note that if you choose not to participate in a Playtest, you may still receive a pop-up in the future for another Playtest if you are selected at random again.

We are very excited to start sharing some of the progress we've made on the next generation of YoWorld, and we are looking forward to hearing what you all have to say about it!

For general comments and questions, please leave them below! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Dowa (113487729)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 6

Postby EveEden (185042304) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:32 pm

kinda like a beta tester so cool, i hoping onenew thing to come will be buy sale gift and trading of homes, If so sign me up at random to test it all night long and let me no who i can test it with so we get it right and hope it gets added to game as fast as we can, lol. I really been looking forward to hearing about a new yoworld to come because thats the only way i was told this could happen you had to fully change the formate of the game.
EveEden (185042304)
YoWorld Level: 366
YoWorld Start Date: May 17, 2013

Forum Posts: 289
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby NaChO (187800964) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:38 pm

owee :thumbsup:
NaChO (187800964)
YoWorld Level: 86
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 28, 2020

Postby April (175124022) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:39 pm

I like the game just how it is right now... :bye: :bye:

April (175124022)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 26, 2011

Postby PRINCESS ELISA (158742211) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:39 pm

this is fantastic hopefully everything goes well and we can continue with an improved yoworld thanks :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
HELLO VIKINGO GAME I AM PERUVIAN WELCOME NEW SERVER
PRINCESS ELISA (158742211)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: May 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 61
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Flutterfly (187360904) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:40 pm

I have a lot of questions.
1. Testing is only from a browser: what about Gameroom?
2.What happens if our items suddenly disappear? Are you going to replace them? What if it is older items that disappear, how can you replace them if you can't replace players things that disappear now?
3.Other than signing a NDS, what other info will you need?
4.How will we know if something is glitching or if that is the way it is supposed to act?

I hope one of the new features is that you found a way to add the hotdog collection to our daily coin runs.

Thanks
Flutterfly (187360904)
YoWorld Level: 121
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 11, 2017

Forum Posts: 8

Postby zComfyz (182882749) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:43 pm

I personally think the play tester thing is cool, especially since you can give your opinion about it and etc. I have a question though.. are they going to make like 2 different maps/games like 1 map is the one right now the 2nd one would be the new one or is it going to replace it? :D
zComfyz (182882749)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: May 10, 2012

Postby Avian (184090483) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:43 pm

I'm interested.
Avian (184090483)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 17, 2012

Forum Posts: 6

Next

Return to News